3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I have friends in and have been to all those cities. They all suck and also don't suck. Philly seems the best out of all of them in my experience. Although large portions of it smell like vomit and cheese. The First Unitarian is one of my favorite venues though.

A large part of it has to do with where I go next career wise.

20 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I have friends in and have been to all those cities. They all suck and also don't suck. Philly seems the best out of all of them in my experience. Although large portions of it smell like vomit and cheese. The First Unitarian is one of my favorite venues though.

I loathe Danbury because I generally just loathe Connecticut. It's an irrational hatred born out of having to drive I84 every time I want to visit my folks, and I84 is a parking lot for about 65 miles no matter what time of day it is. 

Even though I'm from western PA and therefore sick to death of people saying "oh, Pittsburgh, that's right next to Philly isn't it?" I actually really love Philly. Except the Flyers. And the Eagles. Mütter Museum is cool as hell, 30th St. Station is gorgeous, there's a pretty awesome music scene...yeah, Philly' s alright.

3 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I've spent a good amount of time in both Philly and Montreal. I think Montreal is the better city in my opinion. Philly would be fine but Danbury is kind of, ehhhhh. I could be worse I guess. 

Go for whatever is the best career move. You can always leave.  

I don't think that I would live in Danbury.  Who knows? 

I'm still looking for a phone plan. Mint SIM is very tempting to try out, but my phone does not support band 12 for T-Mobile LTE. Total Wireless looks nice too, but I read their CS is terrible. Might try Cricket, since there is brick and mortar around the  corner from me. I don't really like that all Verizon MVNOs are throttled to 5mbps down, and Cricket is 8 down. There are just too damn many options for MVNOs these days.

On 5/16/2017 at 10:46 AM, Holo said:

Hey, does anyone know where I can find some Japanese releases? Is there some kind of online store or something that might stock it that is like equivalent to Bullmoose or something? Discovered a couple cool records, found out they got pressed in 2016, and I only see 1 or 2 for sale for stupid money on Discogs.

tower.jp maybe

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

tower.jp maybe

No luck there either but thanks. Maybe I'll see if one of my friends who lives there can check a few places at some point. 

Don't want to make the big announcement yet because I need to order still, but Ryo Fukui's discography is getting reissued so get hyped on that too. 

3 hours ago, Holo said:

No luck there either but thanks. Maybe I'll see if one of my friends who lives there can check a few places at some point. 

Don't want to make the big announcement yet because I need to order still, but Ryo Fukui's discography is getting reissued so get hyped on that too. 

cdjapan.cp.jp

hmv.co.jp

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Ryo-Fukui_000000000318947/item_Scenery_7863139

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Ryo-Fukui_000000000318947/item_Mellow-Dream_7863230

I don't think I've popped in with the big life update yet: We lost an original member of the crew at work which is sad but he is on to better things, but for me this means a new position in the company, I will be the head record/cd buyer, only pricer and record processor so I will fulltime be working with records with the occasional pop in up front to help customers starting next week after I help train the new hires this week. Other duties include repricing things that sit, culling out multiples and keeping track of used record stocks. It's pretty exciting stuff it comes with another raise if I prove myself I was told. Life is good

Also on a huge country rock, jangle pop kick i'm been ferociously buying all the Byrds, Gene Clark, Gram Parsons, Ian Matthews and other related artists I can get my hands on. I did pick up another Fugazi record yesterday just in case you thought I was going all the way soft on you

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic