2 hours ago, deafening said:

Yes, please.

It was still pretty good, even with the canned tomatoes!

16 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Canned usually tastes either bland or too salty.

These were just...canned tasting. Really tomatoey, but just something seemed slightly off.

9 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Doing a bit better than I was. Got a new receiver recently... A vintage Marantz

Nice, what'd you have before? I've been into vintage cartridges and other cartridges lately. Had bad luck with the new Grado's though, all had bad cantilevers. I don't know if it'd match the arm on your Rega, but the Stanton 681eee is magically sounding and go great with the vintage receiver.

I know you said you were staying in NYC, did you get a new job?

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Nice, what'd you have before? I've been into vintage cartridges and other cartridges lately. Had bad luck with the new Grado's though, all had bad cantilevers. I don't know if it'd match the arm on your Rega, but the Stanton 681eee is magically sounding and go great with the vintage receiver.

I know you said you were staying in NYC, did you get a new job?

I had a piece of garbage before...

I did, I work for NYC now.

7 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

What are you making today?

Had to stay late at work tonight :/ didn't get to make anything.

Tomorrow I'm probably just heating up with kind of weird butternut squash lasagna thing my wife made and froze a while back. Sunday we'll probably cook together though! Maybe some pork chops.

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Had to stay late at work tonight :/ didn't get to make anything.

Tomorrow I'm probably just heating up with kind of weird butternut squash lasagna thing my wife made and froze a while back. Sunday we'll probably cook together though! Maybe some pork chops.

Lots of dead people stuff?

Butternut squash sounds awesome right now.

22 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It was still pretty good, even with the canned tomatoes!

These were just...canned tasting. Really tomatoey, but just something seemed slightly off.

Gotta get them San marzano tomato’s from Italy dude! Only canned tomato I’ll use. 

23 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Dom... How's it going?

I'm on the last day of (and regretting the decision to undertake) my 50-albums-in-five-days project, which I had hoped would be a good way to knock out 50 releases that I missed from this year.

I'm getting over strep throat, but other than that I'm doing well. Really I'm just glad to be home in Pennsylvania for a month or so, I'm dreading going back to CA.

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

I'm on the last day of (and regretting the decision to undertake) my 50-albums-in-five-days project, which I had hoped would be a good way to knock out 50 releases that I missed from this year.

I'm getting over strep throat, but other than that I'm doing well. Really I'm just glad to be home in Pennsylvania for a month or so, I'm dreading going back to CA.

Don't care for Cali?

37 minutes ago, deafening said:

Dallas picked a good night to hit temps in the teens for the first time this winter.

Props to all of you who do not live as far south as me and deal with single digit temperatures on a regular basis. I have no idea how you do it.

The secret is layers.

2 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Don't care for Cali?

California itself is cool but I'm socially inept/anxious and I still haven't really made any friends at school yet. I got pretty sick of feeling like the only people who cared about me were hundreds of miles away in any given direction. Plus, I haven't had a car at my disposal out there and I'm nervous about draining all my savings from working throughout high school and wasting it on transportation. 

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

California itself is cool but I'm socially inept/anxious and I still haven't really made any friends at school yet. I got pretty sick of feeling like the only people who cared about me were hundreds of miles away in any given direction. Plus, I haven't had a car at my disposal out there and I'm nervous about draining all my savings from working throughout high school and wasting it on transportation. 

That's rough... I am the same way socially. I get by on the few souls who recognize that and take pity on me haha.

6 hours ago, deafening said:

Dallas picked a good night to hit temps in the teens for the first time this winter.

Props to all of you who do not live as far south as me and deal with single digit temperatures on a regular basis. I have no idea how you do it.

It's been under 10, sub-zero for over a week here. Looks like the arctic air will finally leave next Sunday! Some fucking cold days coming up though. I don't mind it really. Work sucks from it though. Plus it's somehow snowed a bunch, even though it's "too cold" to snow.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic