5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Fiiiiinally getting around to listening to that new American Football and it might be my for realsies album of the year. I'm trying to think of anything else that came out this year that's even close. Weezer maybe?

So far out of 104 albums I've heard from 2016 the only 10/10s are the new IIOI and Jeff Rosenstock from last week. Weezer, Radiohead, and Aesop Rock got 9s.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Fiiiiinally getting around to listening to that new American Football and it might be my for realsies album of the year. I'm trying to think of anything else that came out this year that's even close. Weezer maybe?

It's definitely a contender for me, but so is Owen, Nothing and Every Time I Die

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

So far out of 104 albums I've heard from 2016 the only 10/10s are the new IIOI and Jeff Rosenstock from last week. Weezer, Radiohead, and Aesop Rock got 9s.

I'm not as into Radiohead and Aesop Rock as I used to be, and I can't get as into IIOI as everyone else does for whatever reason. :/

1 hour ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

It's definitely a contender for me, but so is Owen, Nothing and Every Time I Die

Weirdly enough I'm not crazy about Owen (though this was a solid album), ToT didn't do it for me the way the last GoE and DYtC did, and I refuse to listen to any ETID past Hot Damn! even though I hear this newest album is great. I just can't do it.

I will say that Ancient Warlocks 2 is pretty high on my list though.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

My top 10 in no order as in stands:

Every Time I Die - 10

Kings of Leon - 9.5

Aesop Rock - 9

Lost In Kiev - 9.5
American Football - 9

Nothing - 9

Weezer - 9

Russian Circles - 8.5

July Talk - 8.5

/

Caspian EP - 9

4 minutes ago, Holo said:

I didn't look closely enough to tell because I didn't really care. If that is the case, why the fuck would you demo the product with that? 

Why's this still here :s

Looking closely at it I think it's a combination of a few things:

1)The record itself isn't entirely flat.

2)The edges of the platter aren't 100% smoothed out (as you might expect from a prototype/display)

3)It could very well be that the platter itself is wobbling, but I doubt it.

Full disclosure: I don't think this is the dumbest idea to come out of the record boom like a lot of people do. At least they're looking to alleviate an actual problem that record enthusiasts have and not just doing stupid shit for the hell of it. (I'm looking at you vertical record player.)

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

In theory, a floating platter would improve sound quality a lot. It would not  be susceptible to outside noise. I think this one is more proof of concept, but it could lead to better things.

I mean, if someone knocks the table it is on won't the whole goddamn thing go flying? Is it just using magnets with the same poles I assume?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic