It's kind of messed up, but it is pretty funny watching people get tazed. There is a huge area of bars here in the valley on the edge of town, that are terrible. Mostly college kids and bros looking to fight. We used to go a lot when we first turned 21, and there was at least 2-3 fights a night down there. Always at least one tazing, which was hilarious to watch.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Wait...was the dude trying to do coke IN the pit? Or was it just a fight that made its way into the pit?

Cause like, have some respect. Snort that shit in the bathroom.

Not entirely sure. I think two people were fighting over a bag of coke. Moved from the pit to the bathroom after security made them leave the pit (they didn't see the coke at the time) and I guess they went to "cool off" in the bathroom. No idea, I gave them some room to do whateverthefuck they felt the need to.

Funny part is that the head police station downtown is literally not even a full block away. It's { ^   v }  like the ^ and the venue is the v on that same block. Got dealt with pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

Long day at work for me.  Having yesterday off meant so much stuff piled up.  On the plus side, I had a bonkers mail day.  Got 3 Basinski LPs, new Grails LP, Clan of Xymox - Medusa, the new Xiu Xiu, the latest Battles album and 3 tapes from Constellation Tatsu.

Awesome haul.

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Awesome haul.

Yeah!  I'm pretty stoked, been in a bit of a mail drought :)  Seems like a good portion of my pre-orders were for the end of Feb and a lot of good deals popped up on my discogs want list.  Real happy to finally hear that new Basinski, been antsy on that one.

14 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Long day at work for me.  Having yesterday off meant so much stuff piled up.  On the plus side, I had a bonkers mail day.  Got 3 Basinski LPs, new Grails LP, Clan of Xymox - Medusa, the new Xiu Xiu, the latest Battles album and 3 tapes from Constellation Tatsu.

How is that Battles? We still have a copy and I think it's on sale for $5 off. I love the EPs and Mirrored, the others didn't do as much for me

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

My early 20s that was basically all my friends and I played. We had house parties and ran tournaments I won a couple of them, I mained Fox

I played SO MUCH Melee in my late teens and early 20s. I mained Falco. Switched to Fox on Brawl, but didn't play nearly as much of that.

A level 2 job opened up for the website I support, and the current level 2 recommended me but they told him I can't apply because they need me for the new system. I'd rather do the website stuff, so it's time to leave this company. What a bullshit reason. I'm still going to apply, but fucking this contractor bullshit.

Back to looking for jobs in Austin, Portland and Seattle. Maybe NYC too... but I think just being there would be terrible on my anxiety. Seems amazing though.

Edited by Thomas³

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

How is that Battles? We still have a copy and I think it's on sale for $5 off. I love the EPs and Mirrored, the others didn't do as much for me

I didn't really care for Gloss Drop and went into the new album with real low expectations.  I was real surprised by how good it was.  I think Gloss Drop was a 'growing pains' album due to Braxton leaving.  Just took them a while to find their footing :)  I think it came w/ a download.  I'll send it to ya when I get home if that's the case.

5 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I didn't really care for Gloss Drop and went into the new album with real low expectations.  I was real surprised by how good it was.  I think Gloss Drop was a 'growing pains' album due to Braxton leaving.  Just took them a while to find their footing :)  I think it came w/ a download.  I'll send it to ya when I get home if that's the case.

thanks dude wouldn't mind hearing it especially if it tops Gloss Drop

7 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I played SO MUCH Melee in my late teens and early 20s. I mained Falco. Switched to Fox on Brawl, but didn't play nearly as much of that.

I'm trying to remember who I mained in brawl I think I switched to Lucario even though I didn't play Mewtwo much and he plays more like that

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic