9 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Congrats!!! Let's get a coffee?

Dave/Matt. I'm down for cheap solid sounding headphones. But let's assume your employer gives you a $150 headphone budget and it isn't your money. 

You still make the same choice?

I'm neither but the Grado headphones for around $150 are pretty damn great sounding

edit: saw the first post, those are not small, I'd go Klipsch for earbuds

Edited by NapalmBrain

4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Been fighting a cold the bulk of the week.  I'm very ready to be over it and get the fuck outta my house.

Long colds suck. I seem to have picked up the stomach flu, probably from stressing out the last week. Missed work today, so I'm probably pretty close to being fired for calling off. At least I don't feel anxious today, just can't eat!

52 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Long colds suck. I seem to have picked up the stomach flu, probably from stressing out the last week. Missed work today, so I'm probably pretty close to being fired for calling off. At least I don't feel anxious today, just can't eat!

Let them fire you and collect unemployment boiiiiii!

25 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I think it's a state by state thing.  Something you'd have to research if it did come to that.

Hopefully it does not come to that. I always have a job at my old place at least.

21 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

You can in Oregon from what I've gathered, could be different in Ohio though.

Just looked it up, and you can. I'd rather not go that route though. 

I have 2 phone interviews Monday, and a doctors appointment so hopefully that'll be the start of an improvement. 

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ugh, I've had a stomach bug the past few days. Had to leave work super early on Thursday and my whole day off Friday was ruined.

Got a lot of Netflix in though at least.

I have it too. I feel worse today then I did the last 2 days. I can't keep anything down. Wonder if it is food poisoning instead of the stomach flu. It sucks, I'm hungry but throw everything right back up.

I've been watching a ton of youtube. I need to find some movies or something to watch, since I've bored of youtube.

Edited by Thomas³

2 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I've never been ;)  It did look pretty cool from your snapchats!  Is that the one downtown?  The exterior is real rad!  The one on capitol hill has a pretty good exterior too.

oooooooooooooh you gotta go!! 

it's off 4th street near pike street (i think).  so you can use all the escalators to go up but i think it skips floors. you can get off at one of the floors and it slants down and turns into another floor.  not sure if i'm describing that right but it's trippy.  oooh and you take the elevator to go to the 4th floor which is that insane red floor i took a photo of.  

it was awesome!!!

@BuzzersonKillwell are you asking what headphones I would get with a $150 budget? Are we talking open or closed? And I would go up to the $200 mark. You have a lot more to play with. And I wouldn't get the same ones cause both were either $150. So I'm not sure I can really answer that question. If we got rid of the price vairable and you asked would I get them same? Open, yeah. Closed, yes and no.

Open - I'd get the same ones I have, the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ω. Or I'd get the Senn HD 598.

Closed - I'd get the AKG k550 if we're going under the $150 mark. They're essentially what I have but cheaper these days. When I purchased the k550s a few years ago they were $400, and damn do they sound amazing. I'm amazed you can get them for so cheap now, and they're easily one of the best you can get at that price point. The only con is the padding on the top head band - pretty much noting. If you want closed that wouldn't be leaving your house I'd go for the DT770 Pro Closed - seriously, they are incredible headphones.

The thing is it's all personal preference. Depends on what you're looking to do with them, your music tastes, your head size, etc. If you can try them on anywhere I'd recommend that. But you can never go wrong with anything Beyer, ever. They're amazing. I'm currently looking to replace my closed back headphones at the moment. I'll let you know what I get when I do. I'm currently eyeing the Sony MDR1A.

I just realized you're probably talking about IEMs.

Xioami Piston v3 - $5

1more Triple - $99

Shure SE215 - $99

1more Quad - $199

Edited by Dave Grohl

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic