Jump to content
Tidal Wave

Smallgrass: VC Official Bluegrass & Small Talk Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah...I took a partial day today because I felt even a little tiny bit sick, but I didn't have an afternoon appointment. It's impossible to take a full sick day most of the time so I sometimes just take "sick of work" days if I don't have something immediate going on.

that is pretty cool!  Having a job where they value you as a person makes a huge difference!  My current job seems to be very laid back. We pretty much make our own hours and just can't clock over 40 a week. It snowed last week and they told us we can just work from home if we wanted!  That is completely new to me.  my last job said to leave earlier than normal since it'll take longer to travel to work with the snow. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

that is pretty cool!  Having a job where they value you as a person makes a huge difference!  My current job seems to be very laid back. We pretty much make our own hours and just can't clock over 40 a week. It snowed last week and they told us we can just work from home if we wanted!  That is completely new to me.  my last job said to leave earlier than normal since it'll take longer to travel to work with the snow. :blink:

I'm glad you're liking the new job! (And Seattle [Portland is better :P ])

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Nice, we'll see how it goes. 

If you haven't I'd also hit Sushi Momo. Lots of people love Aux Vivres but I'm only kind of "eh" on it. The namesake mezze is dope though. Lola Rosa is solid too but not fully vegan. Are you going soon? Do you know all this already? I think I missed the start of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

If you haven't I'd also hit Sushi Momo. Lots of people love Aux Vivres but I'm only kind of "eh" on it. The namesake mezze is dope though. Lola Rosa is solid too but not fully vegan. Are you going soon? Do you know all this already? I think I missed the start of this. 

I may move there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Unrelated : anyone have good suggestions for turntable lighting?  The area around mine is fairly dark and I just need some mild light.  I was thinking rope lighting or something, but I dunno.

I use one of those lights for night time reading. It attached to the back of my stand, and I can bend the neck of the light however I like.

 

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I just go in, bust my ass, and feel like death the whole time. It sucks...a lot. I've burned through most of my sick time this winter, just taking a day here and there when I seriously couldn't even get out of bed. So far this year I've been sick more than I've been well.  But my department just doesn't run well if someone calls out...ESPECIALLY if it's me. The only way I've managed has been because sometimes I'm able to delegate the more physically demanding tasks. I did have a stomach bug last week though and I left early one day and luckily had the next day off.

 

When I worked in an office I called out if I felt even the least bit shitty though. That's how I lost the job though. I ended up getting the flu really fucking bad, missing a week, after going a solid 3 months of never working a full week. I was young and dumb so probably 30% of those call outs were because my friends were like "What if instead of going to work tomorrow...you went on a this road trip with us and got really high?" so I totally deserved to be fired. I also accidentally tripped on acid there once. That wasn't fun, but nothing bad happened surprisingly.

Damn, and I thought I was sick a lot this winter. That sounds terrible. 

 

I was up all night stressing out about work. I do feel better, but my stomach still hurts and I feel weak. It'll be a fun week. I'm insanely jealous of you all with the unlimited sick days/telecommute jobs.

Edited by Thomas³

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some winters I manage to not get sick at all. Other years I'm basically sick until late Spring.

 

Now I'm dealing with the aftermath of this stomach bug. I'm over the bug but my stomach is fucked from it. Luckily the new strain (weed) we picked up last week does wonders for the pain/nausea. Unluckily, that doesn't help me when I'm at work. I really should have a prescription, but NY Is fucking weird with their medical marijuana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I use one of those lights for night time reading. It attached to the back of my stand, and I can bend the neck of the light however I like.

 

Damn, and I thought I was sick a lot this winter. That sounds terrible. 

 

I was up all night stressing out about work. I do feel better, but my stomach still hurts and I feel weak. It'll be a fun week. I'm insanely jealous of you all with the unlimited sick days/telecommute jobs.

I know someone mentioned it not too long ago, but maybe try starting your morning off slow with a warm cup of tea and some yoga, or the very least, breathing exercises. I know it's never fun feeling crummy - especially when you're up all night - but finding time to calm your body could help with the anxiety and nausea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Some winters I manage to not get sick at all. Other years I'm basically sick until late Spring.

 

Now I'm dealing with the aftermath of this stomach bug. I'm over the bug but my stomach is fucked from it. Luckily the new strain (weed) we picked up last week does wonders for the pain/nausea. Unluckily, that doesn't help me when I'm at work. I really should have a prescription, but NY Is fucking weird with their medical marijuana.

Our laws are pretty bad too. No smokeables, on extract, and they still have not started it yet.

 

1 hour ago, chkadea said:

I know someone mentioned it not too long ago, but maybe try starting your morning off slow with a warm cup of tea and some yoga, or the very least, breathing exercises. I know it's never fun feeling crummy - especially when you're up all night - but finding time to calm your body could help with the anxiety and nausea.

I'm so bad at getting up early. I barely get up in time as it is. I do love tea though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I was experiencing some pretty freaky auditory hallucinations last night

Are you that was just not the "LSD And The Search For God" record? :P

 

I can imagine though. I get the weird visual stuff in my peripheral after 2 or 3 days. Thankfully it's been a while, other than last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Are you that was just not the "LSD And The Search For God" record? :P

 

I can imagine though. I get the weird visual stuff in my peripheral after 2 or 3 days. Thankfully it's been a while, other than last night.

Sheesh I couldn't imagine. 

 

Hey everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chkadea said:

Good to see ya around Taco Majesty! How have you been doing?

Not too bad, been busy with family, work, a new project, which staying busy is a good thing! Thanks for asking. Good luck on those interviews you have!

 

53 minutes ago, Family Friendly Rap God said:

Sheesh I couldn't imagine. 

 

Hey everyone

its been a min lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Not too bad, been busy with family, work, a new project, which staying busy is a good thing! Thanks for asking. Good luck on those interviews you have!

 

its been a min lol

 

2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Hey Will... how's it shaking? 

Haha it's been awhile! How are you?

 

I'm doing great. Counting down to this wedding. I've missed small talk so I had to pop in. 

 

I've saved so much money not being on VC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ryan. Hey Will. 

 

Life is busy and won't slow down. I'm on day 15 of 16 days of work in a row. Then 6 more work days and I'm off for 12 straight. Got some tattoo time booked in Orlando then heading down to the dirty south to party it up. RIP my liver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×