you get some sleep GHOST? That's a pretty rough stretch

I had to cover my coworker yesterday on my day off, was thinking of taking tomorrow off and making it a weekend but I was just told I can go into OT this week if I want and we are kind of thin of coverage right now so I think I'll just work 6 days and order an extra record really want that Priests "Nothing Feels Natural" its sold out from all the webstores and our distributor is down to less than 15 copies so I think I might pull the trigger. One of the best post-punk bands I've heard in years

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

you get some sleep GHOST? That's a pretty rough stretch

I had to cover my coworker yesterday on my day off, was thinking of taking tomorrow off and making it a weekend but I was just told I can go into OT this week if I want and we are kind of thin of coverage right now so I think I'll just work 6 days and order an extra record really want that Priests "Nothing Feels Natural" its sold out from all the webstores and our distributor is down to less than 15 copies so I think I might pull the trigger. One of the best post-punk bands I've heard in years

About 4 hours last night... that's sleeping in for me haha

Priests sold out overnight had to buy it on discogs oh well it's only a few bucks more

Did a ridiculous used buy today had some crazy gems: 3rd state butcher cover, replacements "tim" and a live only promo ep, dead boys OG, first 2 flesh eaters, original straight outta compton basically looks unplayed, violent femmes, The Clash, Ramones,  moondog matinee with the poster cover, sonic youth kill yr idols 1st pressing, sealed aretha franklin, little richard, jean knight, syl johnson, o.v. wright, rain parade, REM, butthole surfers, don covay, I could go on and on it's probably going to be the most profitable buy I've ever seen

Good morning, another 9 hour shift for me, but it's record heaven at the store so whatever plus the new vinyl order comes in today, and I'm pretty sure the /1000 pink of Crystal Fairy and the Neko Case "Live in Austin" has my name on it. Coffee is on and so is "Songs Of Tom Lehrer" it's so clever and funny and at times dark especially for the 50s

Edited by NapalmBrain

14 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Good morning, another 9 hour shift for me, but it's record heaven at the store so whatever plus the new vinyl order comes in today, and I'm pretty sure the /1000 pink of Crystal Fairy and the Neko Case "Live in Austin" has my name on it. Coffee is on and so is "Songs Of Tom Lehrer" it's so clever and funny and at times dark especially for the 50s

Morning... sounds like a good start to the day

I like that I can't take my own advice to people. Debating on going the ER since I have a sharp pain in my lower right stomach, and am worried it might be appendicitis. 

I like that I can't take my own advice to people. Debating on going the ER since I have a sharp pain in my lower right stomach, and am worried it might be appendicitis. 

39 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

better safe than sorry T

3 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

any word?

Just got home. Not appendicitis, they can't give me an exact reason for the pain. Said there is a small tear that could heal or turn into a hernia in the future, but they don't do anything unless it turns into a hernia. Doctor said it could be that or just left over inflammation from the stomach flu I had last week. IE they have no idea, and I'm probably a hypochondriac :P 

5 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Just got home. Not appendicitis, they can't give me an exact reason for the pain. Said there is a small tear that could heal or turn into a hernia in the future, but they don't do anything unless it turns into a hernia. Doctor said it could be that or just left over inflammation from the stomach flu I had last week. IE they have no idea, and I'm probably a hypochondriac :P 

well feel better, glad its nothing toooooo serious

8 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I've been to the ER for less. There's a lot of shit where it's just better to be safe.

I thought a pain was appendicitis once about 10 years ago. My dad was like "don't be ridiculous" so I went to work. During the 10 minutes drive I started passing a kidney stone. So, technically I was wrong but still.

14 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

morning everyone! anyone else ready for the weekend!?

today is my only day off, so im going to live it up. Going to waffle house with the folks for breakfast, going to get my check and run some errands including buying the Neko Case live album, and the sadly black version of Crystal Fairy we ordered the pink but they only sent black :(. Other then that just going to lounge and spin records, I'm in serious need of some downtime I'm looking forward to it

55 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

today is my only day off, so im going to live it up. Going to waffle house with the folks for breakfast, going to get my check and run some errands including buying the Neko Case live album, and the sadly black version of Crystal Fairy we ordered the pink but they only sent black :(. Other then that just going to lounge and spin records, I'm in serious need of some downtime I'm looking forward to it

starting the day off right with waffle house and downtime, sounds like a good day planned!

12 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've been to the ER for less. There's a lot of shit where it's just better to be safe.

I thought a pain was appendicitis once about 10 years ago. My dad was like "don't be ridiculous" so I went to work. During the 10 minutes drive I started passing a kidney stone. So, technically I was wrong but still.

The doctor thought it might be a kidney stone too, but it's nothing.

So I am taking FMLA for a bit at work to get my anxiety back under control. It's probably why I still have not kicked this damn stomach bug. Work suggested it, since they don't want to lose me an an employee (probably just don't want to hire someone). Hopefully it helps to not have to worry about losing my job or having to go in. On the hunt for a new doctor today, since I'm not a fan of my current one. This is all quite annoying, since I feel like death today and don't know if it's the anxiety or sickness. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon, since I'd love to function again. I have not eaten much in the past week, so being able to eat again would be nice too. Fuck my brain. 

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

So I am taking FMLA for a bit at work to get my anxiety back under control. It's probably why I still have not kicked this damn stomach bug. Work suggested it, since they don't want to lose me an an employee (probably just don't want to hire someone). Hopefully it helps to not have to worry about losing my job or having to go in. On the hunt for a new doctor today, since I'm not a fan of my current one. This is all quite annoying, since I feel like death today and don't know if it's the anxiety or sickness. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon, since I'd love to function again. I have not eaten much in the past week, so being able to eat again would be nice too. Fuck my brain. 

:( hope you feel better dude

5 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Good for you... get yourself better T cubed

Good morning all, feel better T3

Ugh drank too much and passed out with the needle on, and woke up like 2 hours later. Always a bummer, but I did it to myself. No real damage, just a couple extra hours on the cartridge. Rocking some Slowdive now, got to open the store in a few hours but its a short day today since I covered so many extra hours this week. I think I can survive 5 hours of record pricing and RSD planning

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Ugh drank too much and passed out with the needle on, and woke up like 2 hours later. Always a bummer, but I did it to myself. No real damage, just a couple extra hours on the cartridge. Rocking some Slowdive now, got to open the store in a few hours but its a short day today since I covered so many extra hours this week. I think I can survive 5 hours of record pricing and RSD planning

I forgot about my turntable for like 6 hours once. I've found a lot of run out grooves have at least some, if not a lot of, noise. This record was dead silent and I just blanked on it spinning. Felt true panic when I noticed.

Also, I JUST realized Amazon had that Cramps record I was looking for, but only a few copies left so I 1-click purchased it immediately.

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

I did this more then once with my old table. Thankfully my current table has autolift.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic