Just now, Thomas³ said:

When's your trip start? I think we are supposed to get that storm tomorrow and Tuesday, so hopefully you make it to NYC before then.

I'm supposed to land tomorrow evening :mellow: As long as my plane lands and I can make it into the city, that's fine.  I can tough out shit weather.  I'm mostly hopping I don't get delayed and losing a day or something.

24 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Going to be a bit cheesed off if that snow storm that's suppose to hit NYC fucks up my travel plans too much.

You have the subway... you should be mostly fine. Some but not all the places will close. 

You just have to make it here

Edited by GHOSTDRONES

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Nice, hope that's the case!  Last time I was in NYC, I got stuck in a shitty airport hotel for 2 days due to snow.  Don't want another repeat of that :)

That sounds terrible. I thought I had bad luck with flying, but that's bad. I ALWAYS get stuck at ohare for hours longer than I should.

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That sounds terrible. I thought I had bad luck with flying, but that's bad. I ALWAYS get stuck at ohare for hours longer than I should.

It was pretty rough.  Two days in a hotel with a roommate who was awful to travel with (didn't know that going in) and being pretty broke didn't help.  It took 3 or 4 planes to get back to the west coast too.

Morning everyone :)

Seattle was a blast but exhausting as all hell - seemed like I never really had a chance to relax, especially with switching hotels/visiting family and friends. I'm sorry I couldn't find time for coffee @BuzzersonKillwell and @tarzioo_ :( I know who I'll be hitting up when I eventually make the move, though!

On the positive side, Amazon has to have the nicest offices I've ever seen (with puppers galore!) and the interview process, while long and mentally challenging, was exhilarating in its own right. Hoping for the best!

p.s. The poutine at Highline is fantastic (a little garlicky if you're into that), and could easily be shared with 4+ people @jonrawks

23 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Ugh, my flight was cancelled.  I'm guessing I won't be able to get out there tomorrow either and will probably have to scrap the whole trip.  Waiting on a callback from my airline now.

That's super fucking lame. It looks bad in the western midwest, so I bet they don't want to fly through it. It's going to hit us in a few hours. Too bad they can't divert around it, but we know how airlines are. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That's super fucking lame. It looks bad in the western midwest, so I bet they don't want to fly through it. It's going to hit us in a few hours. Too bad they can't divert around it, but we know how airlines are. 

Yeah, it's frustrating.  I've got an early flight tomorrow that'll put me in NYC around 4PM.  Sucks to lose half a day, but I prefer that to scrapping the whole trip.  If that flight gets cancelled, I'll end up cancelling the whole trip and try again next month.

1 minute ago, jonrawks said:

Very much so.  I'm ok with losing half of a day over cancelling the entire trip, but I'm not super confident about my flight tomorrow.  If it does completely fall through, I'd try for either April or June.

I hate to say it, but expect to not get out tomorrow.  I had an east coast flight out to Vegas tomorrow morning.  It has already been canceled and re-booked to tomorrow afternoon, which I'm certain will get canceled or severely delayed as well.  It's just a bait and switch for the airlines to bide time while they figure out how much the storm impacts areas.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic