Jump to content
Tidal Wave

Smallgrass: VC Official Bluegrass & Small Talk Thread

Recommended Posts

It's not quite as good as it once was, I feel myself drifting back to the hoffman forums I'd rather talk with old guys and learn some things than hear snarky comments about panic albums for 2 pages. I just rarely find threads of interest, and it's been slow in these parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so stoked to see Thou in a few weeks. Decided to check out the other bands on the bill. Cloud Rat fucking rip. Super fun grindcore.

 

30 seconds into the first song my girlfriend was like"Oh fuck...well I'm gonna have to pit." Which she upgraded to "I'm gonna have to murder someone in the pit" by the end of the album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm so stoked to see Thou in a few weeks. Decided to check out the other bands on the bill. Cloud Rat fucking rip. Super fun grindcore.

 

30 seconds into the first song my girlfriend was like"Oh fuck...well I'm gonna have to pit." Which she upgraded to "I'm gonna have to murder someone in the pit" by the end of the album.

Cloud Rat is great.  I've liked their last two LPs a ton.  That tour isn't hitting here until July, really looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

Cloud Rat is great.  I've liked their last two LPs a ton.  That tour isn't hitting here until July, really looking forward to it!

Yeah, they'll be here July 1. They've got a matinee in Providence and then a 3 hour drive here...so uh...hopefully they make it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Watched Logan last night and liked it.  Didn't love it by any means, but I'm glad I spent the time to watch it.

I was surprised it wasn't garbage. I generally hate comic book movies and rarely watch them, but I was 14 when the first X-Men came out, so I have a soft spot for Wolverine (although the first Wolverine sucked and I never saw the second)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I was surprised it wasn't garbage. I generally hate comic book movies and rarely watch them, but I was 14 when the first X-Men came out, so I have a soft spot for Wolverine (although the first Wolverine sucked and I never saw the second)

I'd only heard good things about it and that's what sparked the interest.  I thought Jackman and Stewart were fantastic.  My only real complaints are it was a little too long and the protagonist was pretty bland and/or generic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×