10 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Getting a Switch on Tuesday.  Can't wait to waste my entire summer playing Mario Kart and Zelda :wub:

I got one a few weeks ago to have something to do on some flights. It's been awesome so far. On my first flight, the screens in my section of the plane quit working so everyone was pissed they couldn't watch movies anymore. My brother and I were able to play some Mario Kart on the Switch, and it was awesome.  On my flight home I ended up sitting next to the drummer from Wolf Parade. I should have offered to let him play some Mario Kart with me. haha 

12 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

I got one a few weeks ago to have something to do on some flights. It's been awesome so far. On my first flight, the screens in my section of the plane quit working so everyone was pissed they couldn't watch movies anymore. My brother and I were able to play some Mario Kart on the Switch, and it was awesome.  On my flight home I ended up sitting next to the drummer from Wolf Parade. I should have offered to let him play some Mario Kart with me. haha 

My brother's friend has one and we were playing Mario Kart pretty much everywhere we went, it was real fun.  The ease of bringing Mario Kart over to a friend's place was a huge sell for me.

Having myself a "girly" drink tonight, and I need you all to try this thing because...fuck. I also made it up about 10 years ago, so there's that!

Ahem:

equal parts vodka, hpnotiq(don't judge me.), pama, grand marnier, and simple syrup, the juice of half an orange, 1 lemon, 2 limes.

Shit's bonkers.

Normally I'm a whiskey guy. Bourbon, scotch, rye, etc... but every now and then you need something sweet and tasty. I'm about half lit just off of half this thang.

also too harsh on my stomach gin or tequila is my preference, beer or wine is cool too

Posted in the hardware forum but a cool customer and me got into a conversation about Henry Kloss and his school of speakers came up, I mentioned wanting to find some Advents or Boston Acoustics and he offered me a pair of Boston Acoustics A100s only wanting $75 for the pair, I went over and hung out, we had beers and a bowl and tested out my audiophile reissue of Gilded Palace Of Sin, got them hooked up and cranked them today. Exile On Main St. made the hair on my arms stand out, Catch For Us The Foxes had a similar effect and Orange Rhyming Dictionary almost brought me to tears. This is a crazy good upgrade, but im probably going to get even more critical of shitty pressings now. Oh well this is like hearing everything again for the first time

19 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Having myself a "girly" drink tonight, and I need you all to try this thing because...fuck. I also made it up about 10 years ago, so there's that!

Ahem:

equal parts vodka, hpnotiq(don't judge me.), pama, grand marnier, and simple syrup, the juice of half an orange, 1 lemon, 2 limes.

Shit's bonkers.

Normally I'm a whiskey guy. Bourbon, scotch, rye, etc... but every now and then you need something sweet and tasty. I'm about half lit just off of half this thang.

That sounds delicious. Too bad yesterday was day 1 of a month off the sauce. 

A friend of mine tipped me off to a classifieds ad in the newspaper, 500 rock records for $75. I called the guy and met him 10 min later, he had them all pulled out, it was a goldmine. Some were pretty beat up and some even moldy, but others were VG+ or better. Filling out my collection with Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, Cream, CSNY, Jimi Hendrix, Prince, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, nothing exceptionally rare but at .15 a record this was a hell of a buy. I had to toss a ton and match covers up and many need a serious cleaning, but pretty minimal effort all things considering. Gonna hook up a few friends and sell what I don't want or have doubles of

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

A friend of mine tipped me off to a classifieds ad in the newspaper, 500 rock records for $75. I called the guy and met him 10 min later, he had them all pulled out, it was a goldmine. Some were pretty beat up and some even moldy, but others were VG+ or better. Filling out my collection with Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin, Cream, CSNY, Jimi Hendrix, Prince, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, nothing exceptionally rare but at .15 a record this was a hell of a buy. I had to toss a ton and match covers up and many need a serious cleaning, but pretty minimal effort all things considering. Gonna hook up a few friends and sell what I don't want or have doubles of

That's a steal!  Even if you only keep 100 of them, you could probably break even (if not make a small profit) selling the rest.

14 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

That's a steal!  Even if you only keep 100 of them, you could probably break even (if not make a small profit) selling the rest.

so far for sure keepers and listened to are:

Stevie Nicks - Belladonna

Big Brother & Holding Company - Cheap Thrills

Pink Floyd - Animals

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Grateful Dead - American Beauty

Ten Years After - Space In Time

Bob Dylan - Street Legal

Prince - Purple Rain

and on the deck is CCR - Bayou Country have at least 30 in the definitely keeping pile left to spin, and theres gotta be at least 100 in the maybe pile and at least that in the definitely selling pile, I had to toss at least 50 due to black mold, only a couple were painful. I swear there is at least 3 copies of LZIV

Edited by NapalmBrain

42 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

so far for sure keepers and listened to are:

Stevie Nicks - Belladonna

Big Brother & Holding Company - Cheap Thrills

Pink Floyd - Animals

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Grateful Dead - American Beauty

Ten Years After - Space In Time

Bob Dylan - Street Legal

Prince - Purple Rain

and on the deck is CCR - Bayou Country have at least 30 in the definitely keeping pile left to spin, and theres gotta be at least 100 in the maybe pile and at least that in the definitely selling pile, I had to toss at least 50 due to black mold, only a couple were painful. I swear there is at least 3 copies of LZIV

what a score. id be interested in seeing your "for sale" pile once you get through them!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Planning a family vacation to Chicago in September. Already got Cubs ticket Friday and my sister and I have tickets to Riot Fest Sunday, your boy won't be missing Jawbreaker. I can't wait

If they combined the best of the Friday and Sunday lineups into one day I probably would have flown out for Riot Fest. Each day is partially dope as fuck. Saturday looks really meh though. I love QOTSA but no one else is really appealing.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:15 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

If they combined the best of the Friday and Sunday lineups into one day I probably would have flown out for Riot Fest. Each day is partially dope as fuck. Saturday looks really meh though. I love QOTSA but no one else is really appealing.

There are only a handful of bands I'm excited to see at Riot Fest and some of the rap/hip-hop artists sound good. 

Way too may pop-punk bands that all sound the same just gives me time to stand in line for the bathroom without missing anything.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

How's everyone's holiday weekend shaping up?  I went to a beer festival last night, got a birthday party to attend today, seeing White Suns tomorrow and then Thrice and Deftones Monday and hosting a large BBQ with my upstairs neighbors on Tuesday (and hopefully sleeping all day Wednesday).

I'm doing virtually nothing because that's what I do best. Your weekend sounds awesome, though.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

How's everyone's holiday weekend shaping up?  I went to a beer festival last night, got a birthday party to attend today, seeing White Suns tomorrow and then Thrice and Deftones Monday and hosting a large BBQ with my upstairs neighbors on Tuesday (and hopefully sleeping all day Wednesday).

Sounds fun! I'm working, but I'm off Tuesday through the 16th, so that's rad.

38 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I'm doing virtually nothing because that's what I do best. Your weekend sounds awesome, though.

My weeks are very up or down.  Seems like my plans seem to cluster.  I didn't do a damn thing last week :)

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Sounds fun! I'm working, but I'm off Tuesday through the 16th, so that's rad.

That sounds pretty great to me.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic