The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

haven't heard anything back from mondo. they're probably closed for the holidays--i'm sure they'll take care of me when they're back in.

in the meantime, i've been listening to these and they sound great. high quality pressings all around. it's crazy how many of these themes i knew before they started playing.

Batman, have you heard anything back from Mondo regarding replacement? Just received my box set in the mail this morning and mine is just about as bad as yours.

batman.jpg

yeah, flippers are pretty much destroying the hobby for people who do not have a ton of free time to jump on the site the second something is released or can not/will not pay ridiculous flipping prices.

It is what it is I guess, same thing with vinyl though. People who could care less about the artist buys a bunch of copies up to resell while the die hard fans the majority of the time can never even purchase it outside of paying a ridiculously marked up price.

Sometimes if flippers buy them all it is easier on the aftermarket because it is saturated, though. My friend was able to score both variants of a Mondo print together for like $30 cheaper than I had paid for them from Mondo.

yeah, i just sold my BTTF print to help fund an upcoming trip im taking. and had a hard time selling it for basically what i paid

Sometimes if flippers buy them all it is easier on the aftermarket because it is saturated, though. My friend was able to score both variants of a Mondo print together for like $30 cheaper than I had paid for them from Mondo.

That only works for prints that aren't as "in demand" as others. Items that don't fit your example are prints such as Laurent's Jaws, most Horkeys and Stouts, among many others.

But then again, I have the Tom Whalen Terminator 2 print that I no longer want and I'd be lucky if I saw what I paid MONDO for it if I put it on eBay.

It's all subjective.

That only works for prints that aren't as "in demand" as others. Items that don't fit your example are prints such as Laurent's Jaws, most Horkeys and Stouts, among many others.

But then again, I have the Tom Whalen Terminator 2 print that I no longer want and I'd be lucky if I saw what I paid MONDO for it if I put it on eBay.

It's all subjective.

Is your post supposed to say something different than mine? I said sometimes, you said it's all subjective...

Is your post supposed to say something different than mine? I said sometimes, you said it's all subjective...

No, sorry. I was trying to say that it rarely happens. I interpreted what you said as sounding too optimistic, and I was trying my best to fit in as a member of VC and shit all over that optimism haha. It didn't work. I'm not cut out to be the bad guy.