The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Anyone else setup mobile Twitter alerts with Mondo?  It really doesn't work well with posters because you've constantly got tons of people hitting F5 all morning long,  but it worked out pretty great for the vinyl release this AM.

How the hell do you do this?  I thought I did, but apparently it doesn't work.

How the hell do you do this?  I thought I did, but apparently it doesn't work.

I set it up through my computer.  Click add mobile notification on Mondo's Twitter page.  Enter your cell phone number, then you need to text GO to 40404. After your cell phone has been activated through Twitter, you need to go through your Twitter cell phone app to "add mobile notifications".

Also, I got the notification through Justin Ishmael's Mondo page.  There is an "official Mondo page" but it doesn't get updated as often as Ishmael's Twitter page.  I just added both to receive mobile alerts, just in case...

Anyone else setup mobile Twitter alerts with Mondo? It really doesn't work well with posters because you've constantly got tons of people hitting F5 all morning long, but it worked out pretty great for the vinyl release this AM.

I do twitter with posters and have been successful 5/5 times.

I do twitter with posters and have been successful 5/5 times.

Never tried with posters because I could really care less about movie wall art (unless a soundtrack on vinyl is included with it, haha) but I've heard from many Mondo fluffers that say it used to be where Ishmael would announce the onsale on Twitter and the posters would already be in everyone's carts beforehand.  Maybe he's gotten better at timing it where the Twitter announcement runs at the exact same time that the webpage goes up???  Either way, it's not been too hard to grab their vinyl releases so hopefully that doesn't change.

Never tried with posters because I could really care less about movie wall art (unless a soundtrack on vinyl is included with it, haha) but I've heard from many Mondo fluffers that say it used to be where Ishmael would announce the onsale on Twitter and the posters would already be in everyone's carts beforehand.  Maybe he's gotten better at timing it where the Twitter announcement runs at the exact same time that the webpage goes up???  Either way, it's not been too hard to grab their vinyl releases so hopefully that doesn't change.

I can clarify all this, since i've been in the mondo poster game for a bit more than a year now. 

Basically, the twitter notification are always 10 to 20 seconds late. On certain drops that arent really popular, you can rely on the twitter notification to get it. This will apply to around 70% of drops. On the other hand, that remaining 30%, relying on the twitter post will get you nowhere. You'll have to F5 starting at 9.30am till 12.00 most of the time. The reason is, those posters are harder to get, either because of the artist doing it(Stout,Moss,Taylor, and others), or the big license used. 

If any of you guys are going for a poster next time and need to know if you should F5, just PM me :)

Edit : BTW +2 on Poltergeist !

Edit2: Ansin too, thanks woof !

I can clarify all this, since i've been in the mondo poster game for a bit more than a year now. 

Basically, the twitter notification are always 10 to 20 seconds late. On certain drops that arent really popular, you can rely on the twitter notification to get it. This will apply to around 70% of drops. On the other hand, that remaining 30%, relying on the twitter post will get you nowhere. You'll have to F5 starting at 9.30am till 12.00 most of the time. The reason is, those posters are harder to get, either because of the artist doing it(Stout,Moss,Taylor, and others), or the big license used. 

If any of you guys are going for a poster next time and need to know if you should F5, just PM me :)

Edit : BTW +2 on Poltergeist !

Edit2: Ansin too, thanks woof !

Yep, pretty much what I already knew.  Glad the Mondo phenomenon hasn't totally caught on yet in regards to vinyl, though I expect that to change with the Drive OST.