The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I'm glad to be here! I'm an avid record collector, and used to tour in the pop-punk scene as a tour manager so this is totally my scene. But what people say about us on poster forums is so intimidating, I was always fearful of peeking on this thread. I apologize for not working up the courage sooner. I'm around now, please let me know if you guys ever have any questions. I'll try to be as transparent as I can :)

Welcome to the boards! It'll be very helpful having someone from the company here to chime in every once in a while regarding your releases.

As you can probably already see, you guys have a fairly decent rep on here due to the quality of your releases/customer service. The main complaints I've seen are mostly due to the randomly-inserted variants. It's a smart business strategy, but damn if it isn't a pain in the ass for us non-flipping variant collectors just trying to keep our collections complete...

I'm glad to be here! I'm an avid record collector, and used to tour in the pop-punk scene as a tour manager so this is totally my scene. But what people say about us on poster forums is so intimidating, I was always fearful of peeking on this thread. I apologize for not working up the courage sooner. I'm around now, please let me know if you guys ever have any questions. I'll try to be as transparent as I can :)

Hey dude, this is a bit of a crazy question. I'm going to be in the States from the 30th April - 14th May. If I order a Coraline on April 22nd, do you reckon it'll arrive at the place I'm staying before the 14th?

Basically, I guess I'm asking whether you'll have the record in hand ready to go out on the 22nd when you open up sales.

Hey dude, this is a bit of a crazy question. I'm going to be in the States from the 30th April - 14th May. If I order a Coraline on April 22nd, do you reckon it'll arrive at the place I'm staying before the 14th?

Basically, I guess I'm asking whether you'll have the record in hand ready to go out on the 22nd when you open up sales.

Yeah, totally! We have stock fully in hand. Sometimes, depending on where in the states, it can take longer than a week to arrive. But when you place an order send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the situation, and we'll get it to the front of the queue to be sure!

It's awesome that someone from Mondo is on the boards now. Welcome! I feel like it's good to have a presence in a vinyl community that so avidly follows your releases. Spacelab9 did so with their walking dead release and gained a lot of respect.

Here's hoping you don't get too many outlandish requests from people who feel priveleged on this board. Your product is amazing and I think your prices are fair for what you deliver. Thank you for the care you put into your releases - it very much increases the entire vinyl experience.

My niece is in love with Paranorman,

if someone can hook us up with a variant we'd be ever grateful.

Why would you need help with this? Can't you buy a copy or two online like the rest of us? Can your niece only enjoy the RSD copy limited to 500? Can you not be bothered to go out on RSD and find a copy? It's not like Chicago has any huge indipendant record stores. Meh. Maybe you've moved. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. I hope you find your niece a record. Cheers.

Why would you need help with this? Can your niece only enjoy the RSD copy limited to 500? Can you not be bothered to go out on RSD and find a copy? It's not like Chicago has any huge indipendant record stores. Meh. Maybe you've moved. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. Cheers.

Bad days don't mix well with the internet,

I never said I was looking for the RSD variant in particular, while I will be TRYING to get along with a few other items.

But if there are people in this thread (like there normally are) who will be ordering multiple copies - I'd be down to buy any extra variants that might come up.

And since you mentioned it, sure I live in Chicago. But so do three million other people and just because we have lots of record stores, doesn't mean lots of shops will be getting that one specific release. And if I show up at one shop that does in fact have it, and it sells out before I get to the front of the line - it's a long train / bus ride to the next shop to wait in another line to maybe hopefully get it.

Bad days don't mix well with the internet,

I never said I was looking for the RSD variant in particular, while I will be TRYING to get along with a few other items.

But if there are people in this thread (like there normally are) who will be ordering multiple copies - I'd be down to buy any extra variants that might come up.

And since you mentioned it, sure I live in Chicago. But so do three million other people and just because we have lots of record stores, doesn't mean lots of shops will be getting that one specific release. And if I show up at one shop that does in fact have it, and it sells out before I get to the front of the line - it's a long train / bus ride to the next shop to wait in another line to maybe hopefully get it.

It's all good, champ. Like I said, I hope you get your niece a record. These will be for sale on Mondo's site later this month. You've a better chance of getting one there than waiting for any of us who buy multiples to score two variants. Off topic: My Dad has rickets. Can someone hook me up with an original Maniac variant, please.

Yeah, totally! We have stock fully in hand. Sometimes, depending on where in the states, it can take longer than a week to arrive. But when you place an order send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the situation, and we'll get it to the front of the queue to be sure!

Absolute legend. Thanks man!

^ I think that once or twice, they did release the probability of getting the chase variant. Personally, I think it'd be cool if they did that, and maybe after the fact announced how many of each there are. That could kill the hype, though. Either way, they do a good enough job putting their stuff together that no matter what variant you get, it is usually a nice treat.

Ya, i mean i only own the Oblivion soundtrack, which was not done this way.

I am not a fan of this way of doing it at all, i get the hype and i get the fun of it (my 4 "moms" from futurama blind boxes can attest)

But  when it comes to records I want the one i want, and its a big ol' bunch of sadness to open the one you didnt want.

Personally I prefer the way they released Oblivion. Sell the limited variant on the Mondo website first, and then standard black copies to retailers and their own site once those have sold out.

I agree. I don't like how the limited releases are random. I know it's good for their business, but I've purchased so many Mondo releases and have yet to receive a limited pressing.

Personally I prefer the way they released Oblivion. Sell the limited variant on the Mondo website first, and then standard black copies to retailers and their own site once those have sold out.

That would be ideal but probably better for us, not them. I think the variant has generally been 1/4 to a 1/3 of those pressed unless specifically noted otherwise. But now I don't remember where that came from....