The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Has anyone heard anything about the Jurassic World release? I preordered as soon as it went up and it says on the website that the release is at the end of September. I haven't gotten any emails that it's shipped though. I also ordered TLOU and haven't gotten it yet either :/

Has anyone heard anything about the Jurassic World release? I preordered as soon as it went up and it says on the website that the release is at the end of September. I haven't gotten any emails that it's shipped though. I also ordered TLOU and haven't gotten it yet either :/

JW will be shipping in mid-October. You should subscribe to their newsletter. They send weekly music updates now that are quite informative!

JW will be shipping in mid-October. You should subscribe to their newsletter. They send weekly music updates now that are quite informative!

Will do, thank you

JW mid October.

TLOU December if you ordered it after the first press.

I ordered it within the hour it went up, I'm not sure how fast it sold or anything so I could very well be getting the repress. But it was within that first hour of it being up. Thanks for the info!

MONDO

The Connection Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP (Pre-Order). Housed in a gatefold jacket. Limited to 1,000 copies. On sale Wednesday (9/30). $25

Known to some as La French, the epic crime drama The Connection is the critically acclaimed and stylish '70s-period crime thriller inspired by true events. It tells the story of real-life Marseille magistrate Pierre Michel (Academy Award® Winner Jean Dujardin, The Artist, The Wolf Of Wall Street) and his relentless crusade to dismantle the most notorious drug smuggling operation in history: the French Connection.

We're absolutely thrilled to be releasing this absolute beast of a soundtrack; the ultimate cool compilation spanning four decades and featuring classic songs by The Velvet Underground, Blondie, Townes Van Zandt...it’s hard to pick out highlights as there genuinely isn’t a bad track on here.

The Max Richter / Dinah Washington track alone - an incredible mix of Washington’s vocals from 'This Bitter Earth' and Richter’s incredible composition 'On The Nature of Daylight' - is one of the best things you’ll hear this year. Lykke Li contributes ‘Jerome,' a fantastic 60s tinged pop song that sounds like a lost Phil Spector composition. On top of all that, add in a selection of incredible French pop - imagine if Star -Lord's Awesome Mix: Volume 1 had a European counterpart, it would be this album.

Side A

01. Sheila - Bang Bang (3:14)

02. Lykke Li - Jerome (3:14)

03. Rocky & The Riddlers - Flash and Crash (2:47)

04. Serge Gainsbourg - Comic Strip (2:11)

05. Al Wilson - The Snake (3:29)

06. Venus Gang - Love To Fly (2:13)

07. The Velvet Underground - I'm Set Free (4:03)

Side B

08. Mike Brant - C'est comme ça que je t'aime (3:20)

09. Yeyevollegaz - Ces bottes sont faites pour marcher (2:38)

10. Guillaume Roussel - La Pieuvre (2:35)

11. Blondie - Call Me (3:30)

12. Kim Wilde - Cambodia (3:58)

13. Dinah Washington / Max Richter - This Bitter Earth / On The Nature Of Daylight (6:18)

14. Townes Van Zandt - Waitin' Around To Die (2:42)

Also on sale this Wednesday, we'll haveThe Connection available on VHS! For those who haven't seen the film (and you don't have access to a VCR), it will be available on Blu-Ray, DVD and digital platforms starting tomorrow 9/29.

Limited to 100 copies, housed in a clamshell case. $25

DISTRIBUTED TITLES

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master. Originally release by Data Discs. Available on 180g Oxblood-Colored vinyl or 180g classic Black virgin vinyl. Pre-Order, On sale Wednesday (9/30). Ships in Mid October. $27

Continuing their exclusive partnership with SEGA, Data Discs are delighted to announce our vinyl release of Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (or ‘The Super Shinobi II’, as it is known in Japan). With music composed by Hirofumi Murasaki, Morihiko Akiyama and Masayuki Nagao, Shinobi III is a relentless bass-driven soundtrack which, upon its release in 1993, pushed the Mega Drive’s audio capabilities to its limit. Its strong percussive elements are something of a technical marvel and, like all of the greatest soundtracks of the 16bit era, showcases the ingenuity and resolve of game composers when faced with extremely limited hardware.

With audio sourced directly from a Japanese Model 1 Mega Drive (AV Intelligent Terminal, VA5 with stereo output mod) and painstakingly remastered for vinyl, ‘Shinobi III’ should appeal to anyone with even a passing interest in video game culture, FM synthesis or electronic music in general.

180g vinyl packaged in a 400gsm matt finish sleeve with traditional OBI strip. All copies also include a foldout poster featuring the original Japanese artwork, sourced from the SEGA archives

Weird that they're only distributing one of the two new Data Disc titles.

Super Hang On doesn't go up for sale until November (if I remember correctly), whereas Shinobi 3 goes up on Friday this week via Data Discs. I should think Super Hang On will be in a future email from Mondo, maybe??