The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I'm just curious, and before I ask my question, a couple disclaimers:

1. I totally get it. I love Mondo and buy at least 1 variant of every record they release, even those I will likely not listen to more than once. I will likely, then, end up buying the BTTF releases.

2. I LOVE these movies, especially the first. So definite nostalgic factor in general for me. The art on the non-box releases is really fantastic too.

Personally, though, I'm not very excited about the *score* to all 3 of these movies and couldn't see myself putting it on more than once (though I might change my mind, I have never sat down and listened before and I have not seen the films in a long time).

I'm just curious, am I alone in this? To be very clear, this is not at all asked in a snarky way. Are people here excited to listen to and would enjoy regularly listening to the scores to these films or is it more the association with how much you love the movies (which it is for me, coupled with my Mondo obsession)? There is just so much excitement about this release, curious exactly what it is people are super stoked about, or if it's just the general combination of Mondo and nostalgia.

I'm just curious, and before I ask my question, a couple disclaimers:

1. I totally get it. I love Mondo and buy at least 1 variant of every record they release, even those I will likely not listen to more than once. I will likely, then, end up buying the BTTF releases.

2. I LOVE these movies, especially the first. So definite nostalgic factor in general for me. The art on the non-box releases is really fantastic too.

Personally, though, I'm not very excited about the *score* to all 3 of these movies and couldn't see myself putting it on more than once (though I might change my mind, I have never sat down and listened before and I have not seen the films in a long time).

I'm just curious, am I alone in this? To be very clear, this is not at all asked in a snarky way. Are people here excited to listen to and would enjoy regularly listening to the scores to these films or is it more the association with how much you love the movies (which it is for me, coupled with my Mondo obsession)? There is just so much excitement about this release, curious exactly what it is people are super stoked about, or if it's just the general combination of Mondo and nostalgia.

My god, that price. Not sure what I'll do here, as I know I'll never spin an entire 6 disk set. Would have preferred a 2 disk release with the best tracks of all three movies personally.

You're not alone. There are some great themes across all three movies, but I think the full score from all three is more than I'll ever need.

I was thinking about this just now though - if Mondo released a similar boxset thing for the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit Trilogy, I would totally drop trou and pay whatever they were asking.

I don't buy soundtrack releases, let alone scored soundtracks, but BTTF is my favorite movie of all time and the trilogy is my absolute favorite. I like it more than Star Wars, and I really love Star Wars. So for me, this is the 1 Mondo release I will splurge on and will definitely listen to it. (Also, the only Mondo prints I've ever bought were BTTF posters.) The only other scored soundtrack that is in my home is Jurassic Park and that's only bc it belongs to my boyfriend. With that said, I think it really depends on how much love there is for the source material. But I know a lot of people collect Mondo releases, so that is a reason for some others to buy this, too.

If you like it buy it...if you don't don't.

I personally have already listened to my soundtrack to BTTF II several times, and I am even more excited for III than I am I.  

But it's music I like.

If it's not what you like, then spend your $100 bill on something you will get more joy from!