The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Just do what I do. Buy the records you want, don't buy the ones you don't. It's actually quite simple!

No, it doesnt work like that. Haha. I want them all. 

But really, I am going to only buy the ones I absolutely need. I was just buying everything because I liked the artwork or the variants. Some of the movies I had never even seen. Most of them are for movies I thought were good but not favorites. Now I'm just going with weighing wether or not I love the movie and if I do then how much would I really listen to the score. I know we all like to say we listen to them but in reality there arent many scores that get regular play. I love Halloween but I really only listen to it around halloween. I like the movie The Omen, but I really dont know when I'd want to listen to the score again. I did when I first got it, but I think I'm all set now. Hahaha.

I know everyone is different and maybe listens to their scores often but I just dont listen to them enough to justify buying them all like I was. I'm thinking maybe I'll buy two or three a year now.

Considering I buy almost every release mondo puts out...why don't they do a subscription? I would save so much damn time this way.....has anyone brought it up? 95% of the time in at work waiting on a release but sure would be nice if they had that option....toss in a few exclusives and wham...sold!

They definitely should have done that. Might be hard now with constant releases.

Assuming they put out four MONDO (not Death Waltz or distributed) releases in a month, add in a bit of shipping and you are looking at around $150 a month (at least) or around $1800 a year.

That would probably not include boxsets (e.g., Batman or Back to the Future) or 'special' releases (e.g., Looper or Iron Giant). Meaning if you wanted the 'best' variants or to be a complete collector, you would probably have to shell out more... OR they could put together a sub that includes all their releases and ranges from $150-300 a month depending on releases.  

Either way I doubt the market is enough to warrant the operational cost of a subscription to movie soundtracks... 

just got shipping for my Evil Dead 2 Variant print so ill have it soon, and need it gone. $70ppd, im losing almost $20 on this, but need the money, hit me up if interested.

I would totally take this off your hands if I had the money but shits been tight as hell lately. After Wednesday things should clear up a little bit but I don't know how much. I got someone else I need to get ahold of as well that I'm supposed to pick something up off of. I'm in the process of trying to sell some of my Mondo Prints as well I got a Mike Mitchell The Shape I bought for a friend who changed his mind so that's a pricey print I'm stuck with too. And the worst news ever man the purple ETID - Big Dirty fell through but I did get the Yellow first pressing I'm spinning it right now and it sounds amazing.

"I'm no good at court ordered goodbyes!"

If it was that Invisible Man that went on sale the same day then we'd be in business. :(

That's another sweet looking print too man! By the way I ended up getting Underoath - Lost In The Sound Of Separation Purple Variant /100 in a trade and your right it's definetly the coolest looking variant of this album I still think the sawblade boxset is super cool looking tho but I'm just finally happy to own this Underoath Album on vinyl!