BuzzersonKillwell

The Mondo Records Thread - Exploring the etymology of erotic expansion.

2 minutes ago, Ogrejoyed said:

Completely unrelated, does anyone here own the Studio Ghibli compilation album? I want some feedback on how it sounds because I think I'm going to break down and finally buy it. Some string quartet band pressed a Studio Ghibli album and I love it, so now I'm wanting the Mondo release.

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

Mine sounds great. Fully recommend grabbing a copy.

Same here, I don't have the VSQ one though. 

4 minutes ago, Ogrejoyed said:

Completely unrelated, does anyone here own the Studio Ghibli compilation album? I want some feedback on how it sounds because I think I'm going to break down and finally buy it. Some string quartet band pressed a Studio Ghibli album and I love it, so now I'm wanting the Mondo release.

Mine sound good

12 minutes ago, gracetoo said:

Woof yeah unfortunately I am too. Maybe if I see a copy in-store somewhere, but not an online purchase for me.

Watched the movie yesterday, too - had forgotten how amazing the Aimee Mann songs are throughout. Sucker for Wise Up.

pretty corny when all the characters are saying "its not going to stop" along to the lyrics though, right? almost ruined the film for me, luckily every other scene makes up for that nonsense.

20 hours ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

pretty corny when all the characters are saying "its not going to stop" along to the lyrics though, right? almost straight up ruined the film

One of the most eye-gougingly awful moments to appear in (and wreck) an otherwise good-to-great film. The memory still inclines me to doubt Anderson, though most of his other films have been forgivable.

Edited by conedust
edit due to gouged eyes

15 minutes ago, conedust said:

One of the most eye-gougingly awful moments to appear in (and wreck) an otherwise good-to-great film. The memory still inclines me to doubt Anderson, though most of his other films have been forgivable.

Glad to see opposing views are still allowed here... Worried I was about to be shadow-banned by starf*ckers, inc.