The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I had a refresh battle going on. I was refreshing the Mondo site for both prints at the same time as I was refreshing to get tickets to The Ground Control 15th Anniversary show in NYC (Conor Oberst, Superchunk, Kurt Vile, Waxahatchee, Titus Andronicus, Hop Along, Beach Fossils, Speedy Ortiz, Torres). Didn't have money for both so just decided to go with whichever website loaded for me first. Got the tickets. Sad I missed Goonies, though.

Got the BTTF USA Today. Went into a Marriot and the lady just gave me a copy for free. Does anyone know if there are 2 versions? I have the "Youth Jailed" version, didn't know if there was a "Gang Jailed" version too.

So far I've only seen the Youth Jailed version, so my guess is probably only one.

Seriously, just keep refreshing the "Inventory Isseus" page until it takes you to payment method, then if it says out of stock just keep going back and forth to the payment page until you are able to check out. simple.

I do this for every vinyl release becsuse people cart hog everything. After 15 minutes of doing it for these releases i gave up. I cant sit at work for an hour trying to get a poster.

Also everyone talks about these bots but i couldnt even figure out the first place to look for one if i wanted to go down that path. They may be helpful (and not just for mondo stuff.)

Got the BTTF USA Today. Went into a Marriot and the lady just gave me a copy for free. Does anyone know if there are 2 versions? I have the "Youth Jailed" version, didn't know if there was a "Gang Jailed" version too.

The "Gang Jailed" version (as well as the "Youth Jailed" one) was given out to people at some theaters that were showing trilogy yesterday. It's not the real newspaper. 

I know this isn't technically the right place for this but thought some of you would be interested. I have the following Mondo titles for sale, all still in mint condition, and in the shrink wrap where applicable. PM me with offers only please. 

Gravity - 2XLP in deluxe gatefold jacket pressed on 180 gram Earth from Above colored Vinyl. Housed in a silver Space Foil bag. Limited to 500 copies.

2001 Space Odyssey - The Original Score by Alex North. Pressed on 180 Gram Black Vinyl, and randomly inserted Beyond The Infinite Vinyl. Featuring Liner Notes by Jon Burlingame. 

Package design by Jay Shaw.
Limited one-time pressing of 2001 copies. 

Hannibal Original Television Soundtrack - Mondo exclusive version pressed on 180 Gram Steak Tartare colored vinyl limited to 1,000 copies.

Jurassic Park - OG Motion Picture Soundtrack Version A - Original music by John Williams. Design & Layout by JC Richard. 2XLP in deluxe gatefold jacket. Pressed on 180 gram vinyl - "Dino DNA" Clear with Splatter vinyl.

I know this isn't technically the right place for this but thought some of you would be interested. I have the following Mondo titles for sale, all still in mint condition, and in the shrink wrap where applicable. PM me with offers only please. 

Gravity - 2XLP in deluxe gatefold jacket pressed on 180 gram Earth from Above colored Vinyl. Housed in a silver Space Foil bag. Limited to 500 copies.

2001 Space Odyssey - The Original Score by Alex North. Pressed on 180 Gram Black Vinyl, and randomly inserted Beyond The Infinite Vinyl. Featuring Liner Notes by Jon Burlingame. 

Package design by Jay Shaw.
Limited one-time pressing of 2001 copies. 

Hannibal Original Television Soundtrack - Mondo exclusive version pressed on 180 Gram Steak Tartare colored vinyl limited to 1,000 copies.

Jurassic Park - OG Motion Picture Soundtrack Version A - Original music by John Williams. Design & Layout by JC Richard. 2XLP in deluxe gatefold jacket. Pressed on 180 gram vinyl - "Dino DNA" Clear with Splatter vinyl.

pm'd about hannibal. only recent vinyl release i've missed :(

its fun watching the prices slowly drop on ebay from sellers undercutting. i will get one when they're down to 150 maybe 200 (if anyone want to go ahead and flip one to me on the board)

Bots absolutely ruining the print market. Nobody wants to have no shot at something on the onsale only to have to pay 5x the price for it on eBay. They just give up the hobby entirely.

The print hobby has become a shell of its former self.

I do this for every vinyl release becsuse people cart hog everything. After 15 minutes of doing it for these releases i gave up. I cant sit at work for an hour trying to get a poster.

Also everyone talks about these bots but i couldnt even figure out the first place to look for one if i wanted to go down that path. They may be helpful (and not just for mondo stuff.)

They either make one themselves or pay someone to make a script for them. I've never even bothered to take it to that level (there's enough great shit out there that you don't NEED TO HAVE EVERYTHING u want) but I've heard it's not rocket science if you have a basic understanding of what you're doing. There are plenty of websites with computer geeks from India that will charge you $5 an hour to build you one if you're desperate to be a part of that crowd of goons.

Nobody is actually gonna publicly share their bot software or whatever, that would be stupid.

They either make one themselves or pay someone to make a script for them. I've never even bothered to take it to that level (there's enough great shit out there that you don't NEED TO HAVE EVERYTHING u want) but I've heard it's not rocket science if you have a basic understanding of what you're doing. There are plenty of websites with computer geeks from India that will charge you $5 an hour to build you one if you're desperate to be a part of that crowd of goons.

Nobody is actually gonna publicly share their bot software or whatever, that would be stupid.

I personally don't use a bot because you don't need to but all of this discussion is from folks who haven't googled "shopify bot" or more specifically "shopify bot mondo".  Enjoy the videos of the bots that are beating you.