The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

19 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

All of tHe con records have been available at the booth including Fountain and Le Matos,  however theY are 1 per person. 

The Evil Dead 7" was limited to 100 copies last night. Mo did mention another version is likely coming soon though. 

I know they're going to have some copies of the Evil Dead 7" here in LA on Tuesday for the special Evil Dead screening.  Not sure how many though.

Regarding "The Fountain", my wife got a copy from the screening and an extra one from the floor for a friend. Clint stuck around after the screening panel to sign some stuff, so she got the gatefold signed/personalized to us. Still can't believe that. It's so beautiful--can't wait to get home and spin it!! 

13 minutes ago, batman said:

Here are some more pictures of the Fountain release: http://imgur.com/a/dIYwU

The one that looks like the book cover from the film is the liner notes.

It's perfect. 

My wife will be happy that I finally learned your name tonight. :P

She'd always hear me calling you Batman when we'd play videogames and be all, "You really need to learn his real name."

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

And of course, there are some on eBay already. I hate everything and everyone.

I tried. You were next on my list after Adam (FiggyPuddling). What bummed me out was going to pick up my wife outside the theater and seeing all the couples/families that had several copies. Downside of everyone at that screening getting a copy... My wife said several people in there were just framing it and some people even got the actual record itself signed. Eesh. (And about a quarter of the theater had never seen the film before the screening)

On the bright side, the retail release is coming in November. 

Edited by batman

6 minutes ago, batman said:

I tried. You were next on my list after Adam (FiggyPuddling). What bummed me out was going to pick up my wife outside the theater and seeing all the couples/families that had several copies. Downside of everyone at that screening getting a copy... My wife said several people in there were just framing it and some people even got the actual record itself signed. Eesh. (And about a quarter of the theater had never seen the film before the screening)

I appreciate that dude. As much as I want the limited version, I'll totally go for retail. 

15 minutes ago, batman said:

I never knew Batman to be one looking on the bright side of things but you have a point. I should have never held my breath for the con-version, retail will suit me just fine. Even if its just black I'll call it the "Death is the Road Awe" variant.