The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

8 hours ago, idioteque... said:

Sooo, do you guys think it's going to take 3-4 weeks to ship? Another month's wait?

Glad i got a copy but I hate the month waiting.

Hope not! This is my first time ordering from Mondo actually.  I was in rush to order (5am Aussie time) and I had a choice of DHL International $13, or First Class International $23. Went with DHL, hope is ok!

1 hour ago, rickydenim said:

Hope not! This is my first time ordering from Mondo actually.  I was in rush to order (5am Aussie time) and I had a choice of DHL International $13, or First Class International $23. Went with DHL, hope is ok!

I already had two records come in via the DHL International option. Arrived all safe and sound after a little more than a week.

4 hours ago, Sasan said:

That's pretty common for shipping LPs from the US to Europe...I was surprised to find relatively low shipping costs here.

So, if anyone wants to part with their HOME ALONE OST, contact me please.

Why don't you contact Mondo and ask if they have any copies available in their warehouse? Maybe they can add it to your order. Doesn't hurt to ask.

1 hour ago, kisol said:

I know third party retailers received black copies to sell.  Have you checked the other online retailers you normally order from?

Was rather looking for the one of the two web variants...

5 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Why don't you contact Mondo and ask if they have any copies available in their warehouse? Maybe they can add it to your order. Doesn't hurt to ask.

That's what I did already...unfortunately, no luck...

5 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I think that was the first poster drop I succeeded at in a couple years.  As a result, I spent way too much damn money!

Same way I felt yesterday. Managed to nab the Martian and Under the Skin without any issues. Went to put them in my cart again seconds after I checked out with mine and they were both sold out. Haven't felt that successful on Mondo's site since I grabbed the amber Jurassic vinyl a couple years back.

8 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Same way I felt yesterday. Managed to nab the Martian and Under the Skin without any issues. Went to put them in my cart again seconds after I checked out with mine and they were both sold out. Haven't felt that successful on Mondo's site since I grabbed the amber Jurassic vinyl a couple years back.

Yep, it reminded me of years back when as long as I was prepared I always managed to snag what I wanted.  I grabbed the Halloween, Birds, and ANOES print.  Surprised there wasn't more love for Halloween and The Birds, though I guess print collectors are pretty saturated already on those properties.   Also, I gather the drops were easy because all the flippers at mondocon already had access to everything and had some time to gauge the market and see what was and wasn't worth the investment.

21 minutes ago, docbronze said:

I'm surprised this hasn't sold out yet. Metropolis has traditionally been a hot property for the prints.

It did sell out almost instantly.  The regular is still up, but the variant that he mentioned is long gone......but I have one at cost if someone needs one....

4 hours ago, stl_ben said:

It did sell out almost instantly.  The regular is still up, but the variant that he mentioned is long gone......but I have one at cost if someone needs one....

I need the halloween print :wub: would you sell it to me! or is there anything you'd trade it for?!

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Let me rephrase: I'm surprised the Metropolis prints haven't sold out yet. Metropolis has traditionally been a hot property for the prints.