The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

19 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Yup, ordered 3 records when they did the $10 flat rate shipping a couple weeks ago and got dinged $19.45 in customs fees. 
Final time I'm ordering anything from Mondo sent to Canada.

I'm getting charges on almost everything from mondo to the UK at the moment, seriously considering not ordering anymore.  I even got charged for replacement jackets that I requested though they did refund me when i emailed them about it.  Not sure what's going on but it seems to be happening much more than usual. 

On 12/12/2016 at 9:16 AM, Royce said:

It's a joke...

cause ETR is famous for getting those Test pressings.

I laughed, dudes.

5 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I got the 25th anniversary blu-ray of Ghost In The Shell when it came out so I don't know if I'll grab this unless there's any actual added content.  The art is beautiful and makes it tempting though...

Which disc is in here, 2.0 or the 25th anniversary? Perhaps something altogether different.

On the international shipping tip, it seems like folks are having better luck by NOT choosing the cheaper option at checkout. DHL appears to be the servicer of that option and almost all of their packages get dinged for import duties and the like. Folks that pay the more expensive shipping option up front usually have their goods arrive sans tariff.  Most people also agree that even though it's more up front, they save money overall not paying the import fees though ymmv as per usual. 

On 14/12/2016 at 7:06 PM, docbronze said:

I laughed, dudes.

Which disc is in here, 2.0 or the 25th anniversary? Perhaps something altogether different.

On the international shipping tip, it seems like folks are having better luck by NOT choosing the cheaper option at checkout. DHL appears to be the servicer of that option and almost all of their packages get dinged for import duties and the like. Folks that pay the more expensive shipping option up front usually have their goods arrive sans tariff.  Most people also agree that even though it's more up front, they save money overall not paying the import fees though ymmv as per usual. 

Yep, exactly. It's because they used DHL instead of USPS. I noticed it when Fight Club went up.

My Gremlins and Iron Giant were shipped under the flat $10 rate and now I'm dreading picking them up at the Post Office because of the duty fees.

5 hours ago, WolfBrewer said:

Did you bid on the signed Fountain TP at MC? I went as high as $120 and tapped out. Curious what the final price was on that.

my wife told me about it, but didn't bid. it was already at $150 or so I think. she got the gatefold of our copy signed so that was nice at least. still would love a tp though.

7 minutes ago, videodrome_1138 said:

Got my Mondo test pressings in the mail today,  after being lost for a few days. Got Daredevil Season One and Jurassic World. Not my top choices but stuff I'll still enjoy. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/BsWz6

Damn! Jealous of your JW. I'll probably be bidding a dumb amount on the one on eBay now.

Pre-ordered The Fountain from amazon last Wed for $40 (with hope that it isn't too good to be true), but with only 500 copies made and the fact that I haven't found it anywhere except for ebay for ~$100, I'm waiting for the "sorry we f*ed up" email. Amazon listed it as a Dec. 16 release and now it says Dec. 23. Anyone know anything about it?

5 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Pre-ordered The Fountain from amazon last Wed for $40 (with hope that it isn't too good to be true), but with only 500 copies made and the fact that I haven't found it anywhere except for ebay for ~$100, I'm waiting for the "sorry we f*ed up" email. Amazon listed it as a Dec. 16 release and now it says Dec. 23. Anyone know anything about it?

Might be the wide release that's coming in the spring with an incorrect date?

Seems really unlikely that they received any of the first pressing.

7 minutes ago, rransomm said:

It's probably the retail (black?) version. But just keep in mind, outside of the MondoCon exclusive, there were way more than 500 pressed.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

32 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Gotcha. I'm happy to have it either way, but if it is retail black, then it is mis-advertised. 

Not sure why you think it's mis-advertised, it doesn't list anywhere on the amazon page that it will be a certain color:

https://www.amazon.com/Fountain-FOUNTAIN-O-S-T/dp/B01NABRR50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482168570&sr=8-2&keywords=the+fountain+soundtrack

32 minutes ago, rransomm said:

4 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Not sure why you think it's mis-advertised, it doesn't list anywhere on the amazon page that it will be a certain color:

https://www.amazon.com/Fountain-FOUNTAIN-O-S-T/dp/B01NABRR50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482168570&sr=8-2&keywords=the+fountain+soundtrack

Huh. Swear I saw the gold, must just be what I wanted to see. Or they read my post and removed that picture really quickly lol. Well damn.