BuzzersonKillwell

The Mondo Records Thread - Good stuff is on Death Waltz now though.

20,068 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, videodrome_1138 said:

Got my Mondo test pressings in the mail today,  after being lost for a few days. Got Daredevil Season One and Jurassic World. Not my top choices but stuff I'll still enjoy. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/BsWz6

Damn! Jealous of your JW. I'll probably be bidding a dumb amount on the one on eBay now.

Pre-ordered The Fountain from amazon last Wed for $40 (with hope that it isn't too good to be true), but with only 500 copies made and the fact that I haven't found it anywhere except for ebay for ~$100, I'm waiting for the "sorry we f*ed up" email. Amazon listed it as a Dec. 16 release and now it says Dec. 23. Anyone know anything about it?

5 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Pre-ordered The Fountain from amazon last Wed for $40 (with hope that it isn't too good to be true), but with only 500 copies made and the fact that I haven't found it anywhere except for ebay for ~$100, I'm waiting for the "sorry we f*ed up" email. Amazon listed it as a Dec. 16 release and now it says Dec. 23. Anyone know anything about it?

Might be the wide release that's coming in the spring with an incorrect date?

Seems really unlikely that they received any of the first pressing.

7 minutes ago, rransomm said:

It's probably the retail (black?) version. But just keep in mind, outside of the MondoCon exclusive, there were way more than 500 pressed.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

9 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

It's probably the retail (black?) version. But just keep in mind, outside of the MondoCon exclusive, there were way more than 500 pressed.

Gotcha. I'm happy to have it either way, but if it is retail black, then it is mis-advertised. 

32 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Gotcha. I'm happy to have it either way, but if it is retail black, then it is mis-advertised. 

Not sure why you think it's mis-advertised, it doesn't list anywhere on the amazon page that it will be a certain color:

https://www.amazon.com/Fountain-FOUNTAIN-O-S-T/dp/B01NABRR50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482168570&sr=8-2&keywords=the+fountain+soundtrack

32 minutes ago, rransomm said:

4 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Not sure why you think it's mis-advertised, it doesn't list anywhere on the amazon page that it will be a certain color:

https://www.amazon.com/Fountain-FOUNTAIN-O-S-T/dp/B01NABRR50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482168570&sr=8-2&keywords=the+fountain+soundtrack

Huh. Swear I saw the gold, must just be what I wanted to see. Or they read my post and removed that picture really quickly lol. Well damn.

19 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Huh. Swear I saw the gold, must just be what I wanted to see. Or they read my post and removed that picture really quickly lol. Well damn.

Yeah, because I'm sure Amazon is on here regularly checking topics and correcting info based on what is here. lol

Local store got the black version of The Fountain last Friday. It sounds a lot better. Volume is still low but it didn't have the pops that plagued my gold copy. There are a number of crackles but a good cleaning should take care of most of that. Overall I am pleased, but don't get hopes up for a pristine sounding copy.

WolfBrewer likes this

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

No they aren't scheduled to ship untill like the 15th of January.

Yup. Confirmed with them yesterday about that as well.

"At this time we do not think we will be able to get Black Friday orders shipped prior to Christmas, but it will be our first priority in January. I apologize for any inconvenience caused, and thanks for your patience!"

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Yeah they had that posted in the FAQ before the sale happened.  I just wrapped up a little IOU for my wife...she will just have to wait a few more weeks for her new Olly print!

Im sure she'll forgive ya haha. Man im just so psyched to actually get that Moon print. I loved that film so damn much and Olly really nailed the seclusion on that one.

stl_ben likes this

this one isnt mondo but Wojciech Golczewski has a new soundtrack score coming out. 

The soundtrack for the French-norwegian cult horror Dark Souls is a perfect introduction to the poignant & emotional musical universe of Wojciech Golczewski's music. It also serves as the first release for Data Airlines new sub etiquette "Data-KINO", curated by Wojciech himself and with focus on the electronic music releases made for or inspired by the new wave of independent cinema. 

To celebrate the launch, there will be a 20% discount on the vinyl until 31/12/2016. 

https://wojciechgolczewski.bandcamp.com/album/dark-souls-datak001

0009079079_10.jpg

jeffthomas84 and bigdz68 like this

4 hours ago, axotyl said:

this one isnt mondo but Wojciech Golczewski has a new soundtrack score coming out. 

The soundtrack for the French-norwegian cult horror Dark Souls is a perfect introduction to the poignant & emotional musical universe of Wojciech Golczewski's music. It also serves as the first release for Data Airlines new sub etiquette "Data-KINO", curated by Wojciech himself and with focus on the electronic music releases made for or inspired by the new wave of independent cinema. 

To celebrate the launch, there will be a 20% discount on the vinyl until 31/12/2016. 

0009079079_10.jpg

Love this artist! Very happy to pay extra for shipping to the US! Thanks sir!

axotyl likes this

17 hours ago, axotyl said:

0009079079_10.jpg

Thanks for posting! All over this, Reality Check & ANSC is some of my favorite music released in16'

axotyl likes this