BuzzersonKillwell

The Mondo Records Thread - Good stuff is on Death Waltz now though.

20,400 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, batman said:

Same here! Kinda wanna see it now

It's wasn't nearly as bad as everyone was making out to be.  If you go in not expecting an action movie it's decent.

Saying this film was whitewashed is questionable in this case (I'd normally agree), most of the people who I talk to who were fans of the source materials didn't feel that it was.

2 minutes ago, daegor said:

It's wasn't nearly as bad as everyone was making out to be.  If you go in not expecting an action movie it's decent.

Saying this film was whitewashed is questionable in this case (I'd normally agree), most of the people who I talk to who were fans of the source materials didn't feel that it was.

I'm not familiar with the source material in the slightest. And good music elevates decent films 9 times out of 10.  

daegor likes this

Well, mondo got back to us and pretty much said email us in a couple weeks and maybe we will have one you can buy.

Pretty disappointing to have a transaction go through 3 times and the company to just say "oh well."

black will be restocked btw. they confirmed it. 

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

What are the chances that either Mondo or maybe Death Waltz will release the Ghost In The Shell (new one) soundtrack since Clint Mansell did it? The movie was OK, but the soundtrack was great.

That'd be nice, I'd just be happy if anyone put it out but Mondo doing it would be sick.

18 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Variant? 

https://mondotees.com/products/alien-variant-nc-winter-poster?variant=39239890190

/175. It was posted on Mondo's site early, and sold out before the actual Alien announcement. So I'm sure Mondo didn't include the variant in their announcement to prevent people from getting angry ha

1 hour ago, djghost1976 said:

Same.  The timed release looks better.  I didn't know the Birth Movies Death magazine was up, so I snagged that.  

I've never bought one of the magazines before, but love Alien so I'll probably get it with the timed release.

When the magazine is labeled as "hyper-limited" though.... how limited do you think that is lol. I wasn't planning on ordering until the weekend

1 minute ago, hallowken78 said:

I read somewhere (I think it was this thread) that they'll have a 2xLP of Alien and an expanded 4xLP of Alien as well.  They've been teasing that one for over a year now so it would make sense.  Maybe even something for Covenant too?

I'd prefer a 4xLP deluxe Alien over some liquid gimmick. Maybe both soundtrack versions, an Alien print, Covenant print, and some pins?

djghost1976 and hallowken78 like this