The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

1 hour ago, hallowken78 said:

Spun the A side of the fountain today and there was a light surface noise throughout and a few crackles/pops, but nothing detrimental enough to the listening experience to warrant asking for another copy.  Gotta listen to Side b later on...

Yeah, it seems it's only a few so far that were severely affected. You got lucky. Like I said, the new copy is so much better. Still a very noisy pressing though.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

Chiming in here to bring some hope, got my Fountain in the other day and played it a few times.  Love the clear, low volume cut (low and clear is always better).  Gave it a thorough clearing before spinning it and it sounds great.  Very little surface noise and no clicks or pops.  There was one spot on side B that had a little surface for about 10 seconds during a very quiet part, but that was it.

Definitely not the best pressing I have (the Blade Runner soundtrack takes that honour, it truly sounds better than digital), but it's better than average.

7 minutes ago, natenomm said:

Sooo...does anyone remember how Mondo's last Black Friday sale went (besides gallons and gallons of bloodshed)? Did they use the same URLs as the original listings on the site, or is it just a slaphappy free-for-all?

Get one and there will be a few pages of print. I honestly don't remember how the URLs were, but if you can go through there archive and looks for something that might catch your eye. https://mondotees.com/collections/archive

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

Get one and there will be a few pages of print. I honestly don't remember how the URLs were, but if you can go through there archive and looks for something that might catch your eye. https://mondotees.com/collections/archive

I already got a couple in mind, so I was planning on just mashing F5 on those old URLs and hoping for the best. 

As much as fun as it is to want to go for the chase of elusive posters on BF, I realized that I gotta stop this poster-buying. It was fun when I wanted to put up some stuff on my walls. Now I've got some of my favorite current artists' work but no place to put them besides their poster tubes which is pretty lame imo. Also cutting into my vinyl purchases and I can't have that haha. Though cheers to Mondo and the other companies I got posters from for their continued successes in poster business.

1 hour ago, Vector53 said:

As much as fun as it is to want to go for the chase of elusive posters on BF, I realized that I gotta stop this poster-buying. It was fun when I wanted to put up some stuff on my walls. Now I've got some of my favorite current artists' work but no place to put them besides their poster tubes which is pretty lame imo. Also cutting into my vinyl purchases and I can't have that haha. Though cheers to Mondo and the other companies I got posters from for their continued successes in poster business.

Please put them in a flat file or mylar sleeves and a portfolio. Long term storage in a tube is just bad. Or another idea is one of those displays that you can flip through and see your prints....

Question for those who bought the Jessica Jones LP. When I opened the record I noticed something on the inside of the gatefold. On my copy on the right side of the door I have an indent on the sleeve almost looks like a puncture. There is no other markings that I noticed but I genuinely cannot tell if it's supposed to be there or it really is a defect? Any help I would appreciate, thanks