The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I successfully opened my Fight Club record using a credit card as a wedge and an insurance card as a saw to ~cut through the glue.  I feel like I'm the antithesis of Tyler Durden.

Also this:

Tyler Durden: How's that working out for you?
harryq: What?
Tyler Durden: Being clever.
harryq: Great.
Tyler Durden: Keep it up then... Right up.

Just now, hallowken78 said:

It's cool that the price has come down on the test presses...I remember I forked out $100 for one at the 1st Mondocon.  

Pretty sure they still went for that much at this year's con. This low price tag is likely due to the random nature of it. I'll likely plunge and get a DW TP of some old Bulgarian horror flick soundtrack I've never heard of, but it still seems worth it to me.

50 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Pretty sure they still went for that much at this year's con. This low price tag is likely due to the random nature of it. I'll likely plunge and get a DW TP of some old Bulgarian horror flick soundtrack I've never heard of, but it still seems worth it to me.

They were random at Mondocon 1.   But I'm guessing these aren't going to be easy to score so a bit of F5 and luck will be necessary.

Mondo Con 2&3 they were various prices depending on the title and ranged in price from $25 to $100.  Basically big things like The Last of Us and Back to the Future (each part separate) were $100 and then less popular small things the The Piano 7" were $25.

Mondo Con 2&3 they were various prices depending on the title and ranged in price from $25 to $100.  Basically big things like The Last of Us and Back to the Future (each part separate) were $100 and then less popular small things the The Piano 7" were $25.

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

Looks like its back up on Mondo's site now but thats a great price regardless.

I guess this was pushed back to the end of December rather than the end of November?  I wonder if because of the push they opened the orders back up?  I'd love to know the numbers on this.

And yeah, even with Mondo's free shipping I came out ahead on that deal.

Posted a couple of posters up on ebay, some more to come in the next few days. Prices are negotiable, especially to VC members buying outside of eBay, put them on markup for ebay because of the double fee hit (eBay & paypal) and just because its ebay. Would much rather deal with VC members and give better prices.  http://www.ebay.com/sch/zacooper87/m.html?item=222327094887&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Mondo posters that are for sale (most aren't on the ebay page yet):

Jurassic Park - Dan McCarthy

Batman: The Animated Series - Two-Face (Red - Regular) - Phantom City Creative

Batman: The Animated Series - Mudslide- Phantom City Creative

Batman: The Animated Series - The Man Who Killed Batman- Phantom City Creative

Batman Begins - Patrick Leger

Back to the Future - James Flames

Batman: The Animated Series - Phantom City Creative

Batman: The Animated Series - Beware the Gray Ghost - Phantom City Creative

Batman: The Animated Series - On Leather Wings - Phantom City Creative

Batman: The Animated Series - Vendetta - Phantom City Creative

Wolverine - Tom Whalen

Thor - Matt Taylor

Loki - Matt Taylor

Deadpool - Rob Liefeld

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - JC Richard

The Punisher - Becky Cloonan

The Delorean - Kevin Tong

Edited by zacooper

1 hour ago, highfives said:

I guess this was pushed back to the end of December rather than the end of November?

DAMN! I ordered this when The Fountain went up, looks like its gonna be a post christmas present for me. I wish I knew this was coming so I could've ordered all this in the shipping deal but all said and done they're shipping from 8 things to me for $9 so I'm not too heartbroken about it.

Edited by clerk3745

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

DAMN! I ordered this when The Fountain went up, looks like its gonna be a post christmas present for me. I wish I knew this was coming so I could've ordered all this in the shipping deal but all said and done they're shipping from 8 things to me for $9 so I'm not too heartbroken about it.

What's crazy is retailers are getting it now, but it's $45 or more.  I've seen it retail for over $50.  That's fucking silly.

On 11/26/2016 at 3:46 PM, andy. said:

Mine came the same way. Also, A/B is more purple with streaks of white / pink / purple and a smidge of yellow. C/D is pink like in the pictures.

My Fight Club also came unsealed.  Both of my LPs are mainly pink but have streaking and marbling throughout.

I wonder how many will ship without the jacket being glued?

Edited by highfives

18 minutes ago, highfives said:

My Fight Club also came unsealed.  Both of my LPs are mainly pink but have streaking and marbling throughout.

I wonder how many will ship without the jacket being glued?

Mine came unsealed too.   Was surprised when I saw it.  I haven't checked out the LPs yet though.