The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

49 minutes ago, kylet said:

Limited to a one time run of 500, but also how much do people actually care about Southbound.

More people will learn to care about it up until the time it drops. Limited one time  Mondo anything always has the potential to sell quick - factor in the sweet artwork, cool-looking variant, and flippers...

1 hour ago, kylet said:

How fast do you guys think Southbound will sell out? Limited to a one time run of 500, but also how much do people actually care about Southbound.

Now that I'm working 3rd shift, noon is the middle of the night for me. Debating if I should set an alarm or if these will still be around at like 5:00ish when I normally wake up. 

I would guess it will be up for months.  but thats just like my opinion man.

4 hours ago, kylet said:

How fast do you guys think Southbound will sell out? Limited to a one time run of 500, but also how much do people actually care about Southbound.

Now that I'm working 3rd shift, noon is the middle of the night for me. Debating if I should set an alarm or if these will still be around at like 5:00ish when I normally wake up. 

3 hours ago, aaalethalenforcer said:

More people will learn to care about it up until the time it drops. Limited one time  Mondo anything always has the potential to sell quick - factor in the sweet artwork, cool-looking variant, and flippers...

Hard to know, but if you really want it, then set that alarm. The Fabio Frizzi LP they put out a couple of weeks ago was limited to 500 and it's still up for sale so there's some hope for a good night's rest.

Good luck to everyone else trying for Southbound today!

It's been so long since I was trying to get hold of an actually limited Mondo thing - could someone tell me which is safer for securing things - Paypal or regular card payment? I remember when the test presses dropped I had one in my basket but Paypal just completely locked up and I missed out.

Edited by WalnutSoap

1 minute ago, WalnutSoap said:

Good luck to everyone else trying for Southbound today!

It's been so long since I was trying to get hold of an actually limited Mondo thing - could someone tell me which is safer for securing things - Paypal or regular card payment? I remember when the test presses dropped I had one in my basket but Paypal just completely locked up and I missed out.

if the year on the calendar says 2017 ...you probably won't have any problem getting this Southbound record.

Big difference between potential one of kind or big flip TPs and run of 500 copies to a super obscure movie.

(but feel free to prove me wrong world and sell this out in minutes!)

16 minutes ago, WalnutSoap said:

Yeah, fair enough - that was EZ. Very pleased to be able to grab this though - the Southbound score is UH-MAZING.

I actually know the guys (The Gifted) from the Southbound soundtrack and will pass along all of the good vibes and comments to them about the love for the music!   

On 2/1/2017 at 6:28 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Got a region free blu-ray player for Christmas so I've really thought about grabbing the U.K. one.

On 2/2/2017 at 10:27 AM, kylet said:

Do it! The artwork is rad and I haven't heard anything about an American release in the works.

FYI blu rays are usually region free. Not always, but the majority of them are. Xbox Ones are also region free so if you have one, you can play any blu ray on it. 

23 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

FYI blu rays are usually region free. Not always, but the majority of them are. Xbox Ones are also region free so if you have one, you can play any blu ray on it. 

Very much not true on both counts.

There are some studios that always do region free BRs, but the majority of BRs are region locked. Also, Xbone (as well as PS3 & 4) are only region free for games, but regionally locked for BRs.

8 minutes ago, slinch said:

Very much not true on both counts.

There are some studios that always do region free BRs, but the majority of BRs are region locked. Also, Xbone (as well as PS3 & 4) are only region free for games, but regionally locked for BRs.

You are right about the Xbox, I was confused because everything I've seen said it was region free, never specified just for games. 

As as far as blu rays, there are quite a few studios that do region free releases. Warner, Paramount, HBO, and a slew of others. The rest are hit or miss, but is it that hard to find shit for your region? Blu ray players are dirt cheap at this point too.

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

As as far as blu rays, there are quite a few studios that do region free releases. Warner, Paramount, HBO, and a slew of others. The rest are hit or miss, but is it that hard to find shit for your region? Blu ray players are dirt cheap at this point too.

I mean, I can get most titles for my region (B), but there are still a ton that are only region A locked. For example, everything Criterion. Just this year they will finally release Linklater's Before trilogy on BR, but Criterion got exclusive rights, so I can kiss that one goodbye. And since I prefer to buy steelbooks whenever possible, those are a bit tougher.  Most NA Mondo releases were A locked, all Alliance releases in Canada are locked, Fox stuff is always locked. Then there are the asian retailers that go out of their way to create some really beautiful packages (the flimsy amaray is in my opinion an almost derogatory way to present an art form), half of them end up A locked. Not a problem for major titles with dozens of releases worldwide, but there are a ton of indie films that only get a NA release. Oh, and there's no way to buy a region free BR player here. I'd literally have to import one from US (yay for $100+ in shipping and tax alone), plus I'd have to figure out a way to make it work on 220V 50Hz.

And it's similar for NA folks, Zavvi in UK gets a ton of world exclusive steelbook releases, half of which are B locked. I understand why region locks exist, but I still passionately hate them :)

On 07/02/2017 at 8:28 PM, slinch said:

Oh, and there's no way to buy a region free BR player here. I'd literally have to import one from US (yay for $100+ in shipping and tax alone), plus I'd have to figure out a way to make it work on 220V 50Hz.

I have a region free Cambridge Audio Azur 650BD. I bought it new and then added a small plug in (no soldering) kit that made it DVD and Blu-Ray region free. I don't know how likely UK stuff is to work in Slovenia, but here is a player for £125:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cambridge-Audio-Azur-650BD-Blu-ray-Player-Black-Customer-Trade-in-/252769193558?hash=item3ada37ce56:g:VbIAAOSwtfhYob4d

Doesn't look like he ships outside of the UK, but I could give you an idea of how much it might cost to ship to Slovenia by weighing mine and using Parcelmonkey to get a courier quote.

I got the kit from Denmark:

http://bluraychip.dk/product.php?id_product=13

Looks like it's sold out, but seems to be on sale here at a similar price:

http://gradedexchange.com/cambridge-audio-azur-650bd-multi-region-diy-kit/

Shouldn't cost much to ship as it's pretty small.

Also, this site seems to have everything you'd need to buy one from the USA:

http://www.220-electronics.com/

5% off blu-ray products with FPBLU5OFF