The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Sonofabitch.  Why couldn't Mondo just reveal that the colorway of Monster Squad was indeed a variant at Mondocon instead of playing coy all weekend?  I had a friend of a friend lined up as a VB, but being that he wasn't a vinyl collector and not wanting to hassle him I told him to not worry about it since it seemed like it would be the regular edition available on drop day.  SHIT.

Edited by hallowken78

Just now, Number11 said:

I'm glad the days of refreshing the Mondo site are over. What was the last release to sell out immediately?

Liquid Aliens? Which is obviously a special case. Prometheus and You're Next were the last /1000 runs that I remember selling out fairly quick, but not within an hour or anything. Maybe I'm missing one.

30 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Liquid Aliens? Which is obviously a special case. Prometheus and You're Next were the last /1000 runs that I remember selling out fairly quick, but not within an hour or anything. Maybe I'm missing one.

The Monster Squad 7"s went pretty quick I think.

Edited by highfives

2 hours ago, highfives said:

I think they had leftovers of one but I thought there was an exclusive online one.  I could be remembering all of that completely wrong though.  Either way, they didn't last long when they hit the online store.

Drac was an online webstore exclusive; Wolfman covers were leftovers from Texas Frightmare.

Edited by hallowken78

48 minutes ago, axotyl said:

did anyone else who ordered the SNDTRK lp from mondo last week also not get a shipping confirmation yet? guessing they were/are just busy with mondocon

I bought SNDTRK and the latest Death Waltz giallo release. No shipping yet, but I think you hit the nail on the head; they just wrapped Mondocon. Funny to think it wasn't so long ago when it could take Mondo weeks to fill an order for products they had in house. That's a definite area of improvement for them. 

20 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Why couldn't Mondo just reveal that the colorway of Monster Squad was indeed a variant at Mondocon instead of playing coy all weekend?

That was interesting. Figured the online drop would have just been remaining copies <_< Have heard that there are some MC variants left over though that they will hold for future events.