The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

For what it's worth, my copy sounds pretty good (online exclusive color). There is a little bit of noise at the beginning of the first track, but the rest of side 1 sounds great. Haven't made it on to side 2 yet, but I'm happy with side 1. I hope they get things sorted out for you guys that are experiencing problems. 

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Yep, cleaned the hell out of it. Made no difference.

Yeah, I cleaned mine as well. No improvement.

I have dozens of splatter variants. I have dozens of warped records. There's probably a fair amount of overlap between those...

I have never received a record that had such a constant and prevelant pop through a whole side. It really is like having a metronome right in the front of the mix. No visible scratches or anything either. I really hope Mondo offers me a replacement. All I want is to be able to FINALLY enjoy this music on vinyl. I've been waiting for as long as this music has existed.

That being said, when it got to Death is the Road to Awe/Together We Will Live Forever...I cried. In the end, I'd have paid $30 just for those 2 tracks.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

On 10/20/2016 at 5:01 PM, docbronze said:

Well, then you've won the day, nate. SNDTRK is awesome. If you're into synthwave, Carpenter worship, analog electronics, etc, that thing is a who's who of the cassettes you need to own. And Zoo Folle is bananas good. One of the funkiest jazz library LPs out there. Originals are scarce and regularly sell in the $500-1000 range.

SNDTRK and Zoo Folle shipped today, and damn is SNDTRK good! It sounds great and the collection of songs is fantastic. I really look forward to giving Zoo Folle a spin soon.

21 hours ago, hsughno said:

They also posted that they'll have a "limited amount" on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/MondoNews/status/798211744946679808

I wonder if this is in regards to what to have "in-hand". Seems like their recent  business model has been to offer up a pre-sale after the initial copies have sold out. Guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Didn't stand a chance in hell at getting that Clockwork Orange print. I was there the second it dropped too. :(

Same. Was insanely disappointed.  If anyone is up to trade for vinyl hit me up. In search of the variant as well.  Have a couple prints I may be wiling to trade as well.

Edited by dapeebs

1 hour ago, tonyfranciosa said:

My copy of the Fountain is pretty clean. I put it through the VPI twice and all that's left is some light crackling. 

Unfortunately this is a pretty quiet score overall so any noise is going to disrupt.

Yeah, was surprised....listened to the B-side today and had to crack up my amp as I never did before...

And my MondoCon version is quite noisy, too....anybody got any reply from Mondo about this variant?

2 hours ago, tonyfranciosa said:

My copy of the Fountain is pretty clean. I put it through the VPI twice and all that's left is some light crackling. 

Unfortunately this is a pretty quiet score overall so any noise is going to disrupt.

If my copy had a normal amount of surface noise and clicks/pops here and there I would have accepted it and moved on. But "pop...pop...pop" every revolution is some shit.

So far Mondo's customer service has been very prompt and accommodating. Hopefully I get a good copy. If not I'll chalk it up as a loss and just be happy my B-side sounds so good. 

It's just such a fucking letdown after a decade of "Someone needs to press The Fountain..."

14 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

If thats been your biggest let down this month....

What's your biggest let down this month?

That you're still sitting on the Fountain OST although you cut the price to $150 and thought it would sell three weeks ago?

On 25.10.2016 at 5:19 PM, stl_ben said:

We have it listed at market value, if no one wants it then it will just sit there and you can all laugh at me...but I'm guessing it sells by the end of the week.

Edited by Sasan