The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

4 hours ago, underwaterzoo said:

The cover art isn't spectacular, but I love the blue variant. Stoked on this.

agreed!

4 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Yeah ignore me...I misread the article.

You're good.

I actually like this artwork  better than any of their other Jaws posters but I'm still not gonna get it.

edit that no one asked for: I'm not going to the get the poster (thats already sold out) I already preordered the vinyl, I mean its John Williams, i just read my OG copy is a german rerecording so this is technically the first legit pressing. 

Edited by clerk3745

8 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Music on the disc > cover art

C'mon VC, you're better than this

Not when half the stuff is novelty kitsch for dorks like me! I listen to the majority of my soundtracks, save a few, rarely to never. 

I buy this stuff almost exclusively for the quality of the art. There has been a noticeable quality dip in vision and execution in my opinion. They release so much now so it was bound to happen. I suspect the also make more money so good on them. 

Anyway. My unsolicited two cents. If y'all wonder why the thread title never gets updated anymore, there you go.

Edited by BuzzersonKillwell
Clarity

1 minute ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Not when half the stuff is novelty kitsch for dorks like me! I listen to the majority of my soundtracks, save a few, rarely to never. 

I buy this stuff almost exclusively for the quality of the art. Mondo has taken a noticeable dip in quality in vision and execution. They release so much now so it was bound to happen. I suspect the also make more money so good on them. 

Anyway. My unsolicited two cents. If y'all wonder why the thread title never gets updated anymore, there you go.

I agree, I rarely purchase anything from Mondo anymore, nothing really excites me that they release.

52 minutes ago, redroom said:

Since I decided to stop buying  every Mondo release I was only interested in 3 releases : Black Swan, The Fountain and Portal. 

All 3 have brownish covers and if there's one thing I don't like it's that. Sold Black Swan and bought the MOV release, skipped The Fountain and hoping that Portal has a different cover. 

I'll agree that the Black Swan art is meh, but The Fountain art is PERFECT. i'm still holding out hope that Mondo will release prints. 

TheFountain_WIP1.jpg