BuzzersonKillwell

The Mondo Records Thread - Nostalgia Cash Grab Edition.

22 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I mean, isn't everything they do a nostalgia cash grab? Thats their schtick.

If by that you mean everything that anyone makes and sells is a nostalgia cash grab... then sure.

Or you know its just a company that found something that customers wanted and they were good at making and now they are you know making a living off it and being able to feed their families.

42 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

If by that you mean everything that anyone makes and sells is a nostalgia cash grab... then sure.

Or you know its just a company that found something that customers wanted and they were good at making and now they are you know making a living off it and being able to feed their families.

Yeah. I just meant they took old properties and started making new stuff because they thought there was a market for it. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. And this release isn't conceptually any different than the first Manic LP they put.  

7 minutes ago, TheGreatMrY said:

And don't forget Hellraiser next week...

That I can thankfully pass on. I've been gunning for a copy of Bernstein's score for the original NOES since I've been collecting - currently having an internal debate over whether or not I need the rest of the box to justify what's going to be a pretty steep pricetag.

5 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

I was gonna with you but then, they just put up that new Last of Us poster by Tong, so I'm nabbing that.

That arm and hammer don't fit the style of the game, my man. Easy pass for me. Wish something lived up to the inventiveness and spot-on execution as Olly Moss' print. Wish I had that one....

41 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

That arm and hammer don't fit the style of the game, my man. Easy pass for me. Wish something lived up to the inventiveness and spot-on execution as Olly Moss' print. Wish I had that one....

I believe that it's supposed to be a preview for Part II. I'm assuming there will be better context later if we see someone with a hammer.

The Last of Us Part II – Outbreak Day 2017

Also fits well for the companion piece to the original Tong as well:

the-last-of-us-mondo-poster_1170.jpg

Edited by Vector53

On 7/26/2017 at 12:13 PM, Professor Finn said:

Well I didn't get Akira... Sold out in 10 seconds.

Not sure if you ever were able to get one, but Newbury's exclusive is now up:

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/geinoh_yamashirogumi-soundtrack-akira_exclusive_2_lp?variant=47087871948

WTF is with their shipping. went to grab the Josie LP and saw that the Colossus pin is in stock, thought I’d add that for my friend. but shipping goes up to $25????  order them separately and it’s back to 5 for the record and 4 for the pin.

*oh, and they shipped Akira today too

Edited by 16Shells