The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

6 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

Markup is relative to the amount of overhead and miscellaneous expenses.  A business with minimal overhead (small staff, low rent expense and utilities, etc...) can effectively run a business with even a 20% ROI.

but he isn't saying 20%  ROI because his 20% under value doesn't include of the expensis.

Also not seeing anything DDR page that says they pay such high prices, but good for them if they do.

3 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

but he isn't saying 20%  ROI because his 20% under value doesn't include of the expensis.

Also not seeing anything DDR page that says they pay such high prices, but good for them if they do.

I'm well aware.  You stated that a business would have a hard time staying above water if they paid more than 50% of the expected selling price for their items.  I'm simply saying that, yes, they can, with all things considered.  

Edited by Secular Haze

Yeah I'm with Ben on this one.  It's definitely not impossible, businesses routinely run well with much smaller margins, but the traditional, brick-and-mortar retail store would have a really hard time with that.  Cool that particular store is apparently making it work, but I wouldn't use it as a model of the way things should work.

Just now, Ogrejoyed said:

Completely unrelated, does anyone here own the Studio Ghibli compilation album? I want some feedback on how it sounds because I think I'm going to break down and finally buy it. Some string quartet band pressed a Studio Ghibli album and I love it, so now I'm wanting the Mondo release.

Mine sounds great. Fully recommend grabbing a copy.

2 minutes ago, Ogrejoyed said:

Completely unrelated, does anyone here own the Studio Ghibli compilation album? I want some feedback on how it sounds because I think I'm going to break down and finally buy it. Some string quartet band pressed a Studio Ghibli album and I love it, so now I'm wanting the Mondo release.

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

Mine sounds great. Fully recommend grabbing a copy.

Same here, I don't have the VSQ one though. 

4 minutes ago, Ogrejoyed said:

Mine sound good