The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

yea, I was hoping for the same about Pieces, but that is sold out also. Was hoping to grab that with Aliens next week...

If timing lines up I am going to see if they can combine Mad Max with Aliens to save on shipping. If you got Mad Max they should be ready around the same time, and could save you 7 bones.  

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but still. An update on the TLOU pressing numbers: http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/51444675-new-territory-thoughts-behind-the-last-of-us-release-beyond

In short:

On the day of the drop we truly believed our initial run of 2,500 was enough to satisfy the demand for such a boutique item. We were clearly mistaken.

This title will still be a limited release at the end of the day (ultimately there will still be less than 4000 units pressed of TLOU). Once we close this pre-order, it will be the end of THE LAST OF US, and it will still be a collectible, limited edition release. We decided to keep the door open for the additional 1,500 fans who may have been left out of something we feel they should be a part of.

Good Read. So silly that people are complaining about it going on pre-order :rolleyes:

Mondo did great. I'm glad pre-orders are happening for TLOU. A ton of people wanted it, collectors and not. I hope pre-orders happen more to be honest. That way everyone is happy and at the end (once the PO is over) it will always be limited. 

"We understand that opening up our offerings to the masses is not in our fans’ best interest."

This is the dumbest. It's absolutely in the interest of the fans. It's NOT in the interest of a-hole flippers and people who are only interested in buying as an investment piece. While I think the update statement is a nice gesture, I see it as a wholly unnecessary apology to whiny crybabies.

If there's anything to be upset about in this whole thing, it's that they didn't say anything about the preorder prior to the drop so I was sweating it big time. But I realize the preorder was most likely a reaction to how quickly the set sold.

Interesting read but really, I do welcome the fact that Mondo is opening up for more people to enjoy these records. All I know is that when people whine about throwing on a second pressing sticker on something, it's because they're hoping to sell something later. Can't you all just like buying it cause you love the music on it? But yeah, a decent portion of people buying Mondo stuff are getting them because they are hoping to put it up for a higher resale value. I bet you anything that if they put up posters with higher quantities as well, they would still sell. Mondo has the chance to move away from this whole 'limited' shtick and just put out some really cool stuff that alot more people can get.

Interesting read but really, I do welcome the fact that Mondo is opening up for more people to enjoy these records. All I know is that when people whine about throwing on a second pressing sticker on something, it's because they're hoping to sell something later. Can't you all just like buying it cause you love the music on it? But yeah, a decent portion of people buying Mondo stuff are getting them because they are hoping to put it up for a higher resale value. I bet you anything that if they put up posters with higher quantities as well, they would still sell. Mondo has the chance to move away from this whole 'limited' shtick and just put out some really cool stuff that alot more people can get.

This.

I think it's so silly that posters usually come in runs of like 350. make that shit 1000 so i can snag one at lunch every now and then. still limited and it gives more people a chance. it seems like a lot of work (getting a licence, artist, etc.) for such a small run.

So true, only ones getting mad about the limited aspect are the flippers. I thought it was an already way too high price point... Mondo is smart to be selling it at a collectors price from the start.

Just I hope that new releases don't jump to the $40 per album mark. Interscope didn't hesitate to put the new Tame Impala out for 30+ , no download card and colored vinyl advertised as limited but no numbers where released.

A lot of people are complaining about the price, but really... $75? That's less than $20 per record, with full color sleeves, plus the box can't be that cheap, I mean... It isn't some cardboard box or anything. Sounds pretty reasonable to me? Plus domestic shipping was $7. They can't help them international rates.

People like to complain about stuff. We all do it about one thing or another. It just happens to be mostly about this release. First it was taking too long, then it cost too much money, then it was not on color vinyl, then shipping was too much, then it sold out too fast, then its not okay that they are pressing more, queue a few weeks from now when it sells out people will complain they didnt have the ability to get one.

I personally had no interest in this release but it seems it was put together really well and is fairly priced. Them making a second press is a good problem to have not a bad one if i were looking to get this. Just me though.

To be fair $75 isn't really that bad for what it is. Its a premium package and obviously considering the size and weight of it, it could be worse. I think its a fair price, all things are considered.

My gripe was with the international shipping. But tbh unless they had a European distributor for it then I knew it would be bad. And they have no way around that cost because of the weight. Just have to suck it up I guess!

Anyway, us Brits love to moan, it's what we do best :D