The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I've decided that next year, instead of trying to find someone to get me the most exclusive item, I'm just going to pay someone to kick @stl_ben square in the nuts with a fine steel toed boot. Because he is in fact, a garbage human being. 

xDIbuvd.jpg

3 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I've decided that next year, instead of trying to find someone to get me the most exclusive item, I'm just going to pay someone to kick @stl_ben square in the nuts with a fine steel toed boot. Because he is in fact, a garbage human being. 

xDIbuvd.jpg

Have seen it this morning...plus the Over the Garden Wall for $175... well...

39 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

xDIbuvd.jpg

This is classic Ben.

15 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

:(

Well, here's the thing bud..... I would have paid over cost for it, had you decided NOT to be human garbage. Why don't you help out people on the boards instead of helping yourself?  @tetsuodaironman and @batman tried. I know for a fact if someone had been able to hook ME up, they would have been given cost + shipping + extra for being a decent human being.

You just suck. Wear a  cup next year dude, you're going to need it.

I kind of feel like it's a bit over the line to throw out threats, regardless of how disgusting you feel his actions are. Not nearly the same thing, but I also feel shitty because the person offering to help out straight up stopped replying. At least with stl_ben you know what you get. 

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Well, here's the thing bud..... I would have paid over cost for it, had you decided NOT to be human garbage. Why don't you help out people on the boards instead of helping yourself?  @tetsuodaironman and @batman tried. I know for a fact if someone had been able to hook ME up, they would have been given cost + shipping + extra for being a decent human being.

I mean I had asked him too to see if he could help with anything. Ah well. It is what it is.

Edited by Vector53

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Sorry my costs were a little higher than the guy the drove down the road to help out the board.  I bought airline tickets and booked a hotel room.  I spent thousands of dollars for this trip.  So offering $10 to cover gas isn't exactly going to help me out.  If you want it at "cost" sure pay for just the cost of the uber that got me too and form the airport + cost of the record, but that's going to be more than pennies you want to pay.  Next year if you want something so bad, go yourself.  If you don't go, don't complain that someone else didn't spoon feed you the help you wanted.  I helped out at least 5 people get things, but guess what I helped out my friends and people who have helped me out not random guys that complain about every little thing I do.

As far as threatening to hurt me...good luck with that.   I met tons and tons of great people this weekend and everyone was super nice.  Show up and be a dick and see how that works out for you.  I assume when you try that route you won't have nearly the amount of fun and/or generosity that everyone else has.

16 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Sorry my costs were a little higher than the guy the drove down the road to help out the board.  I bought airline tickets and booked a hotel room.  I spent thousands of dollars for this trip.  So offering $10 to cover gas isn't exactly going to help me out.  If you want it at "cost" sure pay for just the cost of the uber that got me too and form the airport + cost of the record, but that's going to be more than pennies you want to pay.  Next year if you want something so bad, go yourself.  If you don't go, don't complain that someone else didn't spoon feed you the help you wanted.  I helped out at least 5 people get things, but guess what I helped out my friends and people who have helped me out not random guys that complain about every little thing I do.

As far as threatening to hurt me...good luck with that.   I met tons and tons of great people this weekend and everyone was super nice.  Show up and be a dick and see how that works out for you.  I assume when you try that route you won't have nearly the amount of fun and/or generosity that everyone else has.

I dont want to argue and I understand your logic but you were going anyways, so is that not a moot point about spending the money to go. I could care less if you sell things...its the nature of the hobby, but I know when I go to these big conventions I tend to hook up at least one random person. Can it bite you in the ass, yes, but its always nice to make some fucker across the country smile. Shit, one year at SDCC I got VIP pass for Funko and bought a guy like 20 pieces and myself just the Voorhees Pop. That dude probably shit a brick when he opened up his texts to see the pics of the hookup. Did I have to do it, hell no, but dude ended up giving me a Mondo giftcard out of the kindness of his heart and still has all those POP figures! 

Now this is a mondo thread so I tried to keep it short and I have no beef with you. After being on here for a few years I just want to say sometimes its nice to overdue it when you pay it forward....but hey, just my 2 cents...I also don't have to worry about recouping my travel costs due to my work paying me way too much money for doing nothing all day. Everyone is different and at least you aren't hiding behind some username to sell stuff. Shit, I remember back in the day having to flip hot wheels I bought for 50 cents and sell for $20 or more. 

Anyways, just my 2 cents.....and thoughts and opinions. 

Carry on ladies!

27 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Oh I won't be making that trip, like I said, I'll just pay someone to do it instead. I'm sure there's a few people who would do it less than cost.

And I also never said I wanted it FOR COST. I'm thinking you might have some reading comprehension issues. Whomever would have picked it up would have been rewarded for their generosity, but not your fucking flipper prices. Spoon feed, that's a laugh, you sure are a real piece of work, Ben. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

5 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

I tend to hook up at least one random person. After being on here for a few years I just want to say sometimes its nice to overdue it when you pay it forward.

Oh I used to be into the Hot Wheels world around 1998-2002,  Never found any of the Treasure Hunts though as it was pretty competitive around where I lived.  But yeah as I stated above I helped multiple people out with this trip to Mondo Con, and do the same every year at SDCC.  Just impossible to help everyone and have a good time and certain people like to complain if you don't help them out specifically.

2 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Oh I won't be making that trip, like I said, I'll just pay someone to do it instead. I'm sure there's a few people who would do it less than cost.

Good luck with that.  

3 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

certain people like to complain if you don't help them out specifically.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I think people are specifically objecting to you buying up copies of super limited records and selling them for massive markups. Which is kind of scummy no matter which way you look at it.

Again, I never reached out to you to help me Ben....I'm just saying, there are more than  few people who would have paid more than cost to help you out, and again, not for your super duper shithead flipper prices. No one gives a shit if you paid thousands for the trip, that's on you. Nobody forced you to go. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

9 minutes ago, WalnutSoap said:

I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I think people are specifically objecting to you buying up copies of super limited records and selling them for massive markups. Which is kind of scummy no matter which way you look at it.

The Fountain record they are referring to was one per person and handed out at the Fountain screening.  I received one and am keeping it, and my wife received one which we are selling to help recoup some of the cost of our trip.  We have it listed at market value, if no one wants it then it will just sit there and you can all laugh at me...but I'm guessing it sells by the end of the week.

4 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

The Fountain record they are referring to was one per person and handed out at the Fountain screening.  I received one and am keeping it, and my wife received one which we are selling to help recoup some of the cost of our trip.  We have it listed at market value, if no one wants it then it will just sit there and you can all laugh at me...but I'm guessing it sells by the end of the week.

Scalping fellow record fans is pretty inexcusable, regardless of your chosen excuse.