The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

If thats been your biggest let down this month....

Really? I can't be let down by a fucked up pressing of something I've waited for through 3 presidential elections? I'm angry at the racism and fascism I see rising I'm this country, but that's not mutually exclusive from trying to enjoy a record.

36 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Really? I can't be let down by a fucked up pressing of something I've waited for through 3 presidential elections? I'm angry at the racism and fascism I see rising I'm this country, but that's not mutually exclusive from trying to enjoy a record.

In his defense, I think he's referring to records and other things.  I think we all know the presidential election IS the biggest letdown but he's speaking in general.  It's a huge  let down though.

On 10/25/2016 at 9:19 AM, stl_ben said:

The Fountain record they are referring to was one per person and handed out at the Fountain screening.  I received one and am keeping it, and my wife received one which we are selling to help recoup some of the cost of our trip.  We have it listed at market value, if no one wants it then it will just sit there and you can all laugh at me...but I'm guessing it sells by the end of the week.

Oh, three?

The Fountain record they are referring to was one per person and handed out at the Fountain screening.  I received one and am keeping it, and my wife received one which we are selling to help recoup some of the cost of our trip.  We have it listed at market value, if no one wants it then it will just sit there and you can all laugh at me...but I'm guessing it sells by the end of the week.

Oh, three?

Oh, three?

Edited by daegor
I swear that was a forum glitch, either way, I'm leaving it.

42 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

In his defense, I think he's referring to records and other things.  I think we all know the presidential election IS the biggest letdown but he's speaking in general.  It's a huge  let down though.

It just seemed rather loaded. Like a "There are more important things in the world!" type of deal.

I know it's rather inconsequential, but it still sucks. I mean, everything is pretty garbage this year, but I was ecstatic this finally got pressed.

Never said I "snagged" just two copies. And nothing I have said wasn't factual. They were limited to one per person. I am keeping my personal copy. I have sold my wife's copy. I have sold 3 copies.  There was other ways to bring home copies....almost like some other guy on this board didn't end up with 5 or 6 himself. 

Whatever Ben, you specifically posted that in response to being called out about buying copies for the purpose of resale.  The literal truth of what you stated aside, you clearly made that statement in order to emphasize that you were not doing that.

I've said it before, just stop being shady and you'll get along with everyone a lot better.  Own that shit.  It's the image you try push where you're pro-VC community and then turn around and buy up multiple copies of new hard to find records for the purpose of resale.  It's this shady, two-faced shit people don't like.  Personally I don't give a shit if you're here to turn a profit.  I know lots of people that fund their record collecting by reselling, everybody has bills to pay, that's fine.

4 minutes ago, daegor said:

Whatever Ben, you specifically posted that in response to being called out about buying copies for the purpose of resale.  The literal truth of what you stated aside, you clearly made that statement in order to emphasize that you were not doing that.

I've said it before, just stop being shady and you'll get along with everyone a lot better.  Own that shit.  It's the image you try push where you're pro-VC community and then turn around and buy up multiple copies of new hard to find records for the purpose of resale.  It's this shady, two-faced shit people don't like.  Personally I don't give a shit if you're here to turn a profit.  I know lots of people that fund their record collecting by reselling, everybody has bills to pay, that's fine.

This.

Well, whatever, I don't give a shit anymore...it's just a waste of time...

2 minutes ago, daegor said:

I've said it before, just stop being shady and you'll get along with everyone a lot better.  Own that shit.  

I have never not said I don't buy multiples to resell when I can.

And if anyone is confused, I BUY AND FLIP RECORDS.

I also buy and collect records.

I also help out friends.

Not denying anything, just folks bringing it up over and over and over.

2 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Never said I "snagged" just two copies. And nothing I have said wasn't factual. They were limited to one per person. I am keeping my personal copy. I have sold my wife's copy. I have sold 3 copies.  There was other ways to bring home copies....almost like some other guy on this board didn't end up with 5 or 6 himself. 

I was in line and scored one for Sasan.

Mo was nice enough to let me grab an extra for the boards and that went to Jeffthomas84.

My buddy happened to know a guy who couldn't make the screening and I ended up with a copy for myself.

I never planned on being able to walk away with a copy because I made it a point to help out other members before me especially since they helped chip in and throw a few extra dollars in to help with gas and the ticket. I didn't flip anything I got, but instead helped everyone out with the 15 extra things I got for members at the Con. That being said...

get gaped.

Edited by tetsuodaironman

7 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I have never not said I don't buy multiples to resell when I can.

And if anyone is confused, I BUY AND FLIP RECORDS.

I also buy and collect records.

I also help out friends.

Not denying anything, just folks bringing it up over and over and over.

Well. Glad you could clear things up.

26 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

You are the one bringing it up!@#*%

If you don't give a shit just get over it and stop saying flipper over and over like it's modern day leprosy.

Yeah, you're right...therefore, I won't mention it again...as stated I noticed afterwards that it is/you are  just a waste of time! Everything I wanted to say was said by @daegor....

21 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

I was in line and scored one for Sasan.

Mo was nice enough to let me grab an extra for the boards and that went to Jeffthomas84.

My buddy happened to know a guy who couldn't make the screening and I ended up with a copy for myself.

I never planned on being able to walk away with a copy because I made it a point to help out other members before me especially since they helped chip in and throw a few extra dollars in to help with gas and the ticket. I didn't flip anything I got, but instead helped everyone out with the 15 extra things I got for members at the Con. That being said...

get gaped.

You're the man! :)

Edited by Sasan

27 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

they helped chip in and throw a few extra dollars in to help with gas and the ticket.

I didn't flip anything

What? I don't understand at all why it is ok for you to sell yours for more than they cost (which you admit above) and not ok for me?

Your extra money went to cover gas and ticket, my extra money went to cover a plane ticket....

We both sold copies to people that were grateful as they couldn't go otherwise.

We both got compensation to help pay our costs.

But yours is ok because it went to someone in this group and not someone on discogs?

Or just double standards?

(and sorry I wont tag the end of my post with a message hoping you get raped...)

ps. not sure why you edited my posts.  multiple people on this site have posted I have helped them.  I have posted photos of my collection. Oh wait, that doesn't fit your narrative.

Edited by stl_ben

31 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Do we need a timeout?

Father-Project-Timeout.png

Maybe a few of us but I need to let everyone know when I get my Fight Club order in and when they combine shipping and when they email me back about combining shipping and when I get shipping notification. Lock the thread tomorrow.