The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Since you got 3 records, that's $14 or the records.  The print should be $15.  Do you live in Texas?  If so, you get charged a sales tax, could account for the additional price difference.

It was 2 separate orders. $34 shipping was just my second order.

Order 1: Amber

Then I went back

Order 2:

1 - Omen

1- Regular JP

1 - Print

Not in Texas. I live in Massachusetts. Hmmm..gonna email them now.

I can't believe how many pages this argument is. I mean, I didn't take either of your advice. I just did my own thing and got both copies. Just sayin'...

Good for you. Try doing your own thing on a Stout print drop.

It's amazing how many people will argue with someone just trying to give accurate advice. All it takes is a scroll through Mondo's twitter timeline to see that most of their drops happen around 11:50. But you guys keep on F5ing between 11:15 and 11:45. Hell, I'm not even nice enough to give anyone accurate info or tips on Mondo drops, there's enough competition as it is.

I will say that I do see you give people decent info in here but the stupid arguing between realtalk and yourself is getting old.

What can I say? He's giving bad info out.  I honestly cannot for the life of me remember the last time I saw something drop between 11:15-11:30.  I've literally gotten to the point where I score on every single drop (print or vinyl) I try for and I don't even start refreshing until 11:30.

I could have just told this entire board to get fucked this am and let everyone fail for themselves.  I took a lot of time out of my morning to make sure people were as prepared as they possibly could be for this drop and answered multiple questions w/o being too much of a dickhead.  

And this is the thanks I get from people...

Good for you. Try doing your own thing on a Stout print drop.

It's amazing how many people will argue with someone just trying to give accurate advice. All it takes is a scroll through Mondo's twitter timeline to see that most of their drops happen around 11:50. But you guys keep on F5ing between 11:15 and 11:45. Hell, I'm not even nice enough to give anyone accurate info or tips on Mondo drops, there's enough competition as it is.

Thank you.

It was 2 separate orders. $34 shipping was just my second order.

Order 1: Amber

Then I went back

Order 2:

1 - Omen

1- Regular JP

1 - Print

Not in Texas. I live in Massachusetts. Hmmm..gonna email them now.

If they overcharged you on shipping, they'll get you sorted.  Did you choose the $7 media mail shipping option?  They've now added some new priority mail option that happens to be twice as much.  That might be where things went wrong on one of the orders.

If they overcharged you on shipping, they'll get you sorted.  Did you choose the $7 media mail shipping option?  They've now added some new priority mail option that happens to be twice as much.  That might be where things went wrong on one of the orders.

With the Print you can't ship Media Mail - and I've never seen a site give you the option to split the shipping up.  Seeing as they pretty much have to ship these separately, they likely will ship for less if they ship the LPs media and the Print priority. So an email might actually help, as they likely only allowed priority shipping.

I don't even know. My hands were shaking hahah. I emailed them, hopefully they can hook it up. 

With the Print you can't ship Media Mail - and I've never seen a site give you the option to split the shipping up.  Seeing as they pretty much have to ship these separately, they likely will ship for less if they ship the LPs media and the Print priority. So an email might actually help, as they likely only allowed priority shipping.

The print is an automatic $15 shipping charge, no way around paying that (and that's not totally unreasonable either).  For the records they had a screen with 2 shipping options (which is obviously pretty new to the site), one that was $7 and one that was either $14 or $15, I bet he accidentally clicked on the $15 option on accident for one of his orders.

I don't even know. My hands were shaking hahah. I emailed them, hopefully they can hook it up. 

If I had to bet, that's what happened.  Just shoot them a note saying you'd like the shipping charge for all your records to be switched to the $7 option and I'm sure they'll get you a refund.  Your total shipping cost for the cheapest options should be $29, I believe.

The print is an automatic $15 shipping charge, no way around paying that (and that's not totally unreasonable either).  For the records they had a screen with 2 shipping options (which is obviously pretty new to the site), one that was $7 and one that was either $14 or $15.

Ah fair enough.  I've still yet to buy one of Mondo's prints - I already have a section of my attic stocked with framed concert posters just "waiting for a bigger house" (which will not happen anytime soon) - but it's nice that they don't just default to the highest shipping as soon as you add a non-media item.

What can I say? He's giving bad info out.  I honestly cannot for the life of me remember the last time I saw something drop between 11:15-11:30.  I've literally gotten to the point where I score on every single drop (print or vinyl) I try for and I don't even start refreshing until 11:30.

I could have just told this entire board to get fucked this am and let everyone fail for themselves.  I took a lot of time out of my morning to make sure people were as prepared as they possibly could be for this drop and answered multiple questions w/o being too much of a dickhead.  

And this is the thanks I get from people...

Don't get worked up about it, I said the arguing part was what was annoying. It's cool you give people solid info and all that. It's more just realtalk that gets on my nerves as he/she is an antagonistic annoyance.