The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

6 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Email them y'all. Just ask to combine shipping and give them the order #s. I have 3 orders all coming at one: The Fountain, Planet of the Apes, Robinson Crusoe of Mars, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and now Fight Club. They've always been super cool about this with me, just try.

I just sent them an email.   Hopefully they'll combine them and throw me $5 in return.

Just got my Tobin A Nightmare On Elm Street print, and while it's fucking awesome, I feel annoyed by where they chose to number it. Nearly between Elm and Street smack dab in the middle of the print at the bottom... Not on either corner where there's nothing important to disrupt. I know that's super finicky but it just looks weird and distracting.

Edited by lionbeak

5 hours ago, natenomm said:

Of all the Mondo/Death Waltz stuff in the pipeline, this is one of the things I'm most interested in:

Most of the movie soundtracks they're dropping right now don't really tickle my fancy, but there's usually something interesting in their distributed section.

Nate, you bloody tastemaker, you've nailed it again. PYA will be a must-own for certain. I will say that while Mondo hasn't had as much that's interested me this year as usual, DWRC has released several scores and Originals that've tickled my fancy.

3 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Glad I bought Mondo stock yesterday.

That's cool and all, but you're hard earned dollars are going right into the pockets of Big Vinyl.

31 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Not sure these will last 25 hours.

Is that how long a day is in Canada? Are they metric hours?

32 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Nate, you bloody tastemaker, you've nailed it again. PYA will be a must-own for certain. I will say that while Mondo hasn't had as much that's interested me this year as usual, DWRC has released several scores and Originals that've tickled my fancy.

I'm also a sucker for 7" comps, so they're playing me like a fiddle. I'm still bummed that the Prowler copy I bought earlier this year has constant static through the right channel... 

3 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

I honestly don't remember; I do remember that the day of I completely forgot, twitter notification went off and I ordered the amber on my phone. Looking back at it I got extremely lucky.

Ahhh, I'm so glad that the twitter announcements are gone because that was the one title I really wanted and I missed out on all 3 colors.  =/

22 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Does anyone remember the actual music from Fight Club? Just sayin'.

Yes!  It had been a while (over ten years) since I listened, but I could actually recall some of the tunes.  Went back and found I had 192kbps mp3s of it, fixed that immediately, and have been rocking it in my car all this week.

If you like Trip-Hop it's amazing.

Edited by daegor