The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

7 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Does anyone remember the actual music from Fight Club? Just sayin'.

Outside of the Pixies, I did not. Until I went back and listened to it then much came flooding back. Still, I passed on this release for now. Maybe the next time 'round.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Got The Fountain on Monday. Emailed them Tuesday morning. Got my replacement this morning. Holy fucking shit that's some customer service. No idea how media mail sent from TX to NY on Tuesday got here on Thursday.

So far I'm like 3/4 of the way through and it's 1000x better. A few clicks/pops here and there but well within reason and doesn't come close to ruining anything.

I've talked a lot of shit about Mondo over the years, but this was some A+ customer service. Also, with the Death Waltz guy in charge they seem to have gotten their shit together. 

Thant's great news. DWRC certainly had a good influence on Mondo (eliminating random variants, etc), but Mo has had a huge, huge hand in improving their overall customer service and accountability as well.  They have become a trustworthy brand for certain.

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

I never had a problem with Mondo before Mo, but things certainly have gotten even better. 

The name might get thrown around a lot in print and vinyl circles... but for damn good reason. I might not be all about all their releases but I've never had a bad thing to say about them.

17 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Got The Fountain on Monday. Emailed them Tuesday morning. Got my replacement this morning. Holy fucking shit that's some customer service. No idea how media mail sent from TX to NY on Tuesday got here on Thursday.

So far I'm like 3/4 of the way through and it's 1000x better. A few clicks/pops here and there but well within reason and doesn't come close to ruining anything.

I've talked a lot of shit about Mondo over the years, but this was some A+ customer service. Also, with the Death Waltz guy in charge they seem to have gotten their shit together. 

Blade, did you get a black retail? Was it just the vinyl itself or did they replace the whole LP?

Replacement Fountain is on the table now and it's shades better. Still a little noisy, few little pops, but nothing like the other one I got. @Bladewillisisdead had the description spot on, it was like a metronome, and it hit on the same spot every revolution. This is so much better. Glad they made it right!

20 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

How is the Gremlins Soundtrack a 2xLP?? It's only like 7 tracks right?

I think you're looking at this: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Jerry-Goldsmith-Gremlins-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/master/99888 . It says right there its a mini album and has a few promo songs like Peter Gabriel on it. This will be just the score from Jerry Goldsmith, it will christmassy, spoopy, and probably 45rpm.

55 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Replacement Fountain is on the table now and it's shades better. Still a little noisy, few little pops, but nothing like the other one I got. @Bladewillisisdead had the description spot on, it was like a metronome, and it hit on the same spot every revolution. This is so much better. Glad they made it right!

Glad to hear your replacement is an improvement.

I wonder how many in the batch were fucked up. I wonder how many of those will never see a turntable. Clint Mansell has been retweeting people posting pictures of it and a lot of them have been like "I don't even have a record player!"

32 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

I think you're looking at this: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Jerry-Goldsmith-Gremlins-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/master/99888 . It says right there its a mini album and has a few promo songs like Peter Gabriel on it. This will be just the score from Jerry Goldsmith, it will christmassy, spoopy, and probably 45rpm.

Ah, I see now I should've been looking at the score not the soundtrack.