The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

19 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Huh. Swear I saw the gold, must just be what I wanted to see. Or they read my post and removed that picture really quickly lol. Well damn.

Yeah, because I'm sure Amazon is on here regularly checking topics and correcting info based on what is here. lol

Local store got the black version of The Fountain last Friday. It sounds a lot better. Volume is still low but it didn't have the pops that plagued my gold copy. There are a number of crackles but a good cleaning should take care of most of that. Overall I am pleased, but don't get hopes up for a pristine sounding copy.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

No they aren't scheduled to ship untill like the 15th of January.

Yup. Confirmed with them yesterday about that as well.

"At this time we do not think we will be able to get Black Friday orders shipped prior to Christmas, but it will be our first priority in January. I apologize for any inconvenience caused, and thanks for your patience!"

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Yeah they had that posted in the FAQ before the sale happened.  I just wrapped up a little IOU for my wife...she will just have to wait a few more weeks for her new Olly print!

Im sure she'll forgive ya haha. Man im just so psyched to actually get that Moon print. I loved that film so damn much and Olly really nailed the seclusion on that one.

this one isnt mondo but Wojciech Golczewski has a new soundtrack score coming out. 

The soundtrack for the French-norwegian cult horror Dark Souls is a perfect introduction to the poignant & emotional musical universe of Wojciech Golczewski's music. It also serves as the first release for Data Airlines new sub etiquette "Data-KINO", curated by Wojciech himself and with focus on the electronic music releases made for or inspired by the new wave of independent cinema. 

To celebrate the launch, there will be a 20% discount on the vinyl until 31/12/2016. 

https://wojciechgolczewski.bandcamp.com/album/dark-souls-datak001

0009079079_10.jpg

4 hours ago, axotyl said:

this one isnt mondo but Wojciech Golczewski has a new soundtrack score coming out. 

The soundtrack for the French-norwegian cult horror Dark Souls is a perfect introduction to the poignant & emotional musical universe of Wojciech Golczewski's music. It also serves as the first release for Data Airlines new sub etiquette "Data-KINO", curated by Wojciech himself and with focus on the electronic music releases made for or inspired by the new wave of independent cinema. 

To celebrate the launch, there will be a 20% discount on the vinyl until 31/12/2016. 

0009079079_10.jpg

Love this artist! Very happy to pay extra for shipping to the US! Thanks sir!

17 hours ago, axotyl said:

0009079079_10.jpg

Thanks for posting! All over this, Reality Check & ANSC is some of my favorite music released in16'

January 25th.

FireWalkWithMe_Front%20(art%20by%20Sam%2

FireWalkWithMe_Gatefold-Discs%20(art%20b

The soundtrack for David Lynch’s 1992 film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me—a continuation of the TV series scored by Angelo Badalamenti—is getting a reissue for its 25th anniversary. The remastered 2xLP (pressed on 180-gram “cherry pie” vinyl) is out January 25 via Death Waltz. It features artwork by Sam Smith that was approved by Lynch, as well as packaging by Jay Shaw. The cover art is a complement to Death Waltz’s 2016 reissue of the television series’ soundtrack. Find the Fire Walk With Me artwork, packaging, and tracklist below.

In addition to the soundtrack reissue, Fire Walk With Me will screen at various Alamo Drafthouse locations, starting later this month. Copies of the soundtrack are available in select ticket bundles. See a list of participating theaters here: https://drafthouse.com/show/twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me

A new “Twin Peaks” series will air on Showtime sometime this year. Prior to his death, plans were in place for David Bowie to appear in the revived series as Agent Phillip Jeffries—the role he played in Fire Walk With Me.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me OST:

01 Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me
02 The Pine Float
03 Sycamore Trees
04 Don’t Do Anything (I Wouldn’t Do)
05 A Real Indication
06 Questions in a World of Blue
07 The Pink Room
08 The Black Dog Runs at Night
09 Best Friends
10 Moving Through Time
11 Montage From Twin Peaks - Girl Talk / Birds In Hell / Laura Palmer’s Theme / Falling
12 The Voice of Love

Edited by lethalenforcer

Just now, axotyl said:

it doesn't say the price on the blog post, but the tickets to FWWM screenings @ alamo that come with the vinyl are $45, when a ticket without the vinyl is $12. so it looks like it will be at least $33 (might be discounted price with the ticket).

I can't remember the last 2xLP from Mondo that wasn't $35. I'm sure I'm missing one, but that seems to be their most typical model.

6 minutes ago, axotyl said:

true, but wasn't twin peaks a few dollars cheaper (i remember $23) than their normal single LPs ($25) as well?

Perhaps the large pressing quantities and availability of the of Twin Peaks releases  also play into the (slightly) reduced prices. Here's to hoping! $30 would be wonderful, but I'll pay whatever they demand.

14 hours ago, bigdz68 said:

Weird but had to post...

Twin Peaks arrived a week or two ago....Cant remember with all the holiday craziness...

Just got notification for Kubo (YAY!)....checked my order and noticed I ordered both together so that was definitely weird!

Thanks Mondo for sending out something early!

Still waiting for Kubo...I think I ordered it with the three Netflix records...any news on those?