The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

5 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

It's going to be a bitch to nab that Ratatoulli when it drops later this month supposedly. 

I sure hope not! Through all the MondoCon announcements, this was definitely my main squeeze. Any MondoCon attendees know how well these did? I can't imagine all 400 copies sold out. Hopefully the standard online release has a larger pressing number. 

Also, can anyone confirm the price of Ratatouille? The list provided a few comments back is a bit blurry, looked like $19 to me, which is a steal. 

2 minutes ago, najerarick88 said:

I sure hope not! Through all the MondoCon announcements, this was definitely my main squeeze. Any MondoCon attendees know how well these did? I can't imagine all 400 copies sold out. Hopefully the standard online release has a larger pressing number. 

Also, can anyone confirm the price of Ratatouille? The list provided a few comments back is a bit blurry, looked like $19 to me, which is a steal. 

looks like $39 to me, so it'll probably be $35 when it goes up online

5 minutes ago, najerarick88 said:

Ratatouille was $39, tax included. Not sure how it sold but the variant will probably go quick online. 

Edited by pmlevine

14 minutes ago, batman said:

looks like $39 to me, so it'll probably be $35 when it goes up online

12 minutes ago, pmlevine said:

Ratatouille was $39, tax included. Not sure how it sold but the variant will probably go quick online. 

Perfect, sounds good. That's definitely more of a Mondo price, haha. Thanks guys - still grabbing the hell out of it. 

Just got back from Austin this morning and crashed, just want to say what a fantastic time it was and how amazing the food and live music scene is in Austin. Everyone was super nice, lines were reasonable and no pushing or shoving. Went to the toymaking panel and won a prize and everything. If you have a chance to go it's highly recommended. 

I grabbed 2 copies of Ratatouille Sunday about 30 minutes before closing and it looked like about 50/60 copies were unsold.

Edited by JustSchwimmer

i was enraged when i missed Susperia. I got the 3 LP Batman but nevertheless have been mopey all day. :(

Maybe partying will help.

Also, there should be a law against a band calling itself Dust Witch. I mean, damn, that's just a terrible name. I like the first song, but that name is a total dealbreaker.  -_-

Edited by Mourning Wood

20 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Red sold out, blue still available.
There's also an Amazon exclusive with a signed print and 3D glasses (ltd. to 100): https://www.amazon.com/Ghoulish-Gary-Pullin-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/1948221004

9 minutes ago, voltagedrop said:

Red sold out, blue still available.
There's also an Amazon exclusive with a signed print and 3D glasses (ltd. to 100): https://www.amazon.com/Ghoulish-Gary-Pullin-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/1948221004

Thanks for this - grabbed that since I actually wanted the book and already grabbed the Mondo Suspiria releases yesterday.  

17 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

These days I feel like I typically wait 3+ months for anything-Mondo to ship, but I just got a confirmation for Batman. Even though they have these on-hand I was still expecting it to take a few weeks, so that's a pleasant surprise.

Batman shipping notification: 24 hours. 

Alien preorder from may: tbd

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

These days I feel like I typically wait 3+ months for anything-Mondo to ship, but I just got a confirmation for Batman. Even though they have these on-hand I was still expecting it to take a few weeks, so that's a pleasant surprise.

I messaged them about combining orders with either Jaws or Alien, but haven't heard anything. Curious...

4 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

What's the love affair with Mondo's Suspiria pressing?  It's colored vinyl and new artwork, but this identical pressing has been available steadily for the last few years from AVS.

It's partly, yeah, that Mondo has cultivated a horde of zombie Ketchums who'll snap up just about anything the label puts out. But it's also that Cinevox's standard Suspiria soundtrack artwork is a fucking hideous design abortion. It's one of the best horror soundtracks ever recorded, and while the relatively scarce EMI, Barclay, Odeon & Attic editions look fair-to-decent, I've been waiting decades for an edition that visually complements the music & film .

So who else got a questionable copy of Batman Returns? It's not The Fountain level of bad, but its close. Awful double click throughout almost the whole first track of side A. Checked all other sides and all have problems from the get go on the first track. Gonna record a vocaroo and send it to them. Disappointing.

26 minutes ago, ThunderPantz said:

So who else got a questionable copy of Batman Returns? It's not The Fountain level of bad, but its close. Awful double click throughout almost the whole first track of side A. Checked all other sides and all have problems from the get go on the first track. Gonna record a vocaroo and send it to them. Disappointing.

Is this the 3xLP edition?

Just got my Box of Souls box set in. Pretty awesome. There's a few small things about it that are kind of a bummer, I wish the booklet that came with it was a little more substantial (its more like a pamphlet than a booklet, but still cool anyways). The inner box isn't printed with Freddy's sweater pattern but rather a printed paper that is wrapped around that inner box, so a few edges are already coming loose. Not a huge deal but worth mentioning for the price tag. However! The artwork on the jackets are amazing, the jackets are all matte finish so they look incredible together as a set, the box itself is pretty heavy duty and mine came packaged extremely well with no damage at all. I haven't spun them yet so I can't speak for sound quality as of right now, but as long as they sound good I feel like this was totally worth it. If the original pressings didn't cost $50-$100 each then I would probably feel differently, but I'm pretty content with the package.