The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

20 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Some early announcements for releases in here,

Good interview. Especially this:

I learned really early on that, despite the word 'cult' being used for a number of beloved films, those are not cult films. This is by no means an insult to anyone who loves these movies, but there is a tier thing happening here that needs to be considered. If you like Star Wars or Ghostbusters, that's great and those are great movies, but those are definitely not cult films. RoboCop is not a cult film anymore. Gremlins is not a cult film.

So, what are the cult films from the past 15 years? What's a movie that no one seemed to like when it came out, but there's a fanbase out there who not-so-secretly loves that movie? Josie And The Pussycats is one of those movies.

36 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Some early announcements for releases in here, They Live was mentioned.
But more importantly Katamari Damacy was also mentioned and I couldn't be happier.
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/11/13/and-now-an-interview-with-mondo-record-label-manager-mo-shafeek

Reports out of MondoCon were that the packaging on the They Live repress is amazing.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:05 PM, ThunderPantz said:

So who else got a questionable copy of Batman Returns? It's not The Fountain level of bad, but its close. Awful double click throughout almost the whole first track of side A. Checked all other sides and all have problems from the get go on the first track. Gonna record a vocaroo and send it to them. Disappointing.

I played all three records in a headphone listening marathon and my set was perfect. I brush cleaned and used an anti-static gun. 

29 minutes ago, Mourning Wood said:

I played all three records in a headphone listening marathon and my set was perfect. I brush cleaned and used an anti-static gun. 

Hang on a second. You clean and de-stat your records before you subject your needle to them? What the Hell is wrong with you, man?

13 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

If anyone missed out on the 'sweater striped' version of the Freddy's Greatest Hits album (sold out in a minute on Mondo), there are about 60 left on Light In The Attic right now: 

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/3748-freddy-s-greatest-hits

Nice catch! Things are selling fast, i think there's less than 18 now.

8 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

LITA sold out.  Transmission UK has 19 left (and then that's it for these):  http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/freddys-greatest-hits-the-elm-street-group-featuring-robert-englund/

Missed LITA.  And also missed these being announced anywhere.  I'll grab a black from LITA.

31 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

Splatter limited to 100 only up on Graywhale  http://www.graywhaleslc.com/p/20439826

Went out of stock while I was adding it to my cart, but good looks!

EDIT: refreshed a couple times and came back in stock.  Never heard of Graywhale before but I'll give it a whirl.

Edited by hallowken78

26 minutes ago, redroom said:

That EX_MACHINA poster is great.

So many things I want to buy this year... 

I wonder if Mondo will do a flat sale this Friday. 

Still want that other Rory Kurtz poster. 

No flat file sale this year.

get ready for the complainers on the impossiblness of the Rory drop.

Glad I have the regular as I know there is no chance to realistically get the mirror on friday.

7 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Went out of stock while I was adding it to my cart, but good looks!

EDIT: refreshed a couple times and came back in stock.  Never heard of Graywhale before but I'll give it a whirl.

It won't let you add it to your basket unless you are registered as a member. The first time I tried adding it went to a "wish list" instead. 

2 minutes ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

It won't let you add it to your basket unless you are registered as a member. The first time I tried adding it went to a "wish list" instead. 

Yup, figured that out once the 'add to basket' re-appeared after refreshing.  

The standard 'limited black' is also up on bullmoose for anyone interested.

1 hour ago, djghost1976 said:

If anyone missed out on the 'sweater striped' version of the Freddy's Greatest Hits album (sold out in a minute on Mondo)

There is also a "Freddy Green" one available at Zavvi. https://us.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/the-elm-street-group-featuring-robert-englund-freddy-s-greatest-hits-a-nightmare-on-elm-street.-zavvi-exclusive-limited-to-200-units./11602586.html