The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

12 minutes ago, gracetoo said:

Woof yeah unfortunately I am too. Maybe if I see a copy in-store somewhere, but not an online purchase for me.

Watched the movie yesterday, too - had forgotten how amazing the Aimee Mann songs are throughout. Sucker for Wise Up.

pretty corny when all the characters are saying "its not going to stop" along to the lyrics though, right? almost ruined the film for me, luckily every other scene makes up for that nonsense.

20 hours ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

pretty corny when all the characters are saying "its not going to stop" along to the lyrics though, right? almost straight up ruined the film

One of the most eye-gougingly awful moments to appear in (and wreck) an otherwise good-to-great film. The memory still inclines me to doubt Anderson, though most of his other films have been forgivable.

Edited by conedust
edit due to gouged eyes

15 minutes ago, conedust said:

One of the most eye-gougingly awful moments to appear in (and wreck) an otherwise good-to-great film. The memory still inclines me to doubt Anderson, though most of his other films have been forgivable.

Glad to see opposing views are still allowed here... Worried I was about to be shadow-banned by starf*ckers, inc.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rickylovas said:

I know some people here ordered the Elm Street box set.

What is the sound quality like on all the records? I', debating on buying it because soundstage direct has a 20% off coupon on vinyl which brings it to 215 shipped.

I haven't gotten through all of the albums yet, only up to part 3. All of them so far have sounded really nice and I don't have an amazing set up. Very minimal surface noise here and there during the super quiet parts. I had no pops or skips or anything so far though.

$215 shipped I would say definitely worth it. It came to like $280+ for me after tax/shipping

On 1/23/2018 at 6:19 PM, gracetoo said:

I predict I will crack on ordering Magnolia in less than 30 days

BUT, speaking of PTA, I will also be all over any release of the Phantom Thread score. Greenwood did it again. Best part of the film for me.

already happening: http://www.nonesuch.com/albums/phantom-thread-soundtrack (included an instant download as well)