BuzzersonKillwell

The Mondo Records Thread - The cause of dullness in others.

10 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I am one of the ones who purchased the alien box set without the handbill, if tyler stout puts some up and someone grabs an extra i will pay for them, or can someone DM and i will send you my number to text me if they go up. I dont follow mondo very much. 

you're about 3 hours late. handbills  sold out 

14 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

Now that I have Portal in hand I can say, I hate this packaging.

Got mine yesterday and love the packaging. Cool & clever, ties into the game quite well. Only thing I'd change is that it would be nice to have a little "catch" of some sort at the bottom to hold the inner sleeve. Not a big deal, though. 

Vinyl could be quieter & flatter. That's my only complaint, and it's standard for Mondo releases (the recent Suspiria pressings being a major exception). 

2 hours ago, conedust said:

Got mine yesterday and love the packaging. Cool & clever, ties into the game quite well. Only thing I'd change is that it would be nice to have a little "catch" of some sort at the bottom to hold the inner sleeve. Not a big deal, though. 

Vinyl could be quieter & flatter. That's my only complaint, and it's standard for Mondo releases (the recent Suspiria pressings being a major exception). 

3 hours ago, DafTyler said:

Actually?

Mine arrived yesterday, but its a christmas gift so i cant open it yet :/

I guess hate isn't a god word, the design is nice and its imprinted too.  My biggest gripe would be that theres isn't any spine, nothing to label it on the shelf.

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Our December Monthly Mix is up with a sneak peek at early 2018 music titles! BEYOND THE GATES, MAGNOLIA, MADMAN, BATMAN, LIQUID SKY and more...

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/942850150371864576

Can’t listen to it now.. but Magnolia as in the Aimee Mann soundtrack? Oh shit.. this is one of my soundtrack grails that I was hoping to get pressed one day.

2 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Pretty sad they never put up any MondoCon pressings of the Ratatouille soundtrack. I know they put up that splattered variant, but it doesn't even come close to the con one.

It was mondo con exclusive and had a very small press run. Doubt there was enough left over to put online.  Advice...go to mondo con next year and if there is any left overs they will probably be there.