The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

1 minute ago, gpa21 said:

Is Fight Club limited or can I wait to order + Gremlins in two weeks.

Fucking Mondo....everytime I think I'm out.....

They said they only have a limited number on hand, we're not sure if they're going to print more. I would think they would based on their recent releases but who knows.

Edited by clerk3745

Just now, stl_ben said:

It is limited, I wouldn't wait.  

They only said that they *have* a limited number of copies, right? As in... it could still be following the same of-late business model, with them having +/- 1,000 on-hand and then opening a preorder right after that quantity sells out. Or did you hear otherwise?

Get your F5 ready!

OK so from what I am understanding, everyone that had the MONDOCON Variant of the Fountain has surface noise....

but not the online release? Just trying to clear it up...I have yet to clean mine before spinning....had to get a stack of a dozen before turning on the vpi./...

Edited by bigdz68

1 minute ago, bigdz68 said:

Get your F5 ready!

OK so from what I am understanding, everyone that had the MONDOCON Variant has surface noise....

but not the online release? Just trying to clear it up...I have yet to clean mine before spinning....had to get a stack of a dozen before turning on the vpi./...

Both have surface nosie.

1 minute ago, clerk3745 said:

Both have surface nosie.

UGH! DAMNIT! That is the one thing that drives my ears nuts! Well I will clean it this weekend and see what happens.

Nothing destroys a pressing more than crazy surface noise! If its anything as bad as Waxworks Trick R Treat I am sure my ears will be bleed.

7 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

UGH! DAMNIT! That is the one thing that drives my ears nuts! Well I will clean it this weekend and see what happens.

Nothing destroys a pressing more than crazy surface noise! If its anything as bad as Waxworks Trick R Treat I am sure my ears will be bleed.

Mondo seems to be handling it well, everyone who has contacted them about it has either a replacement or a refund headed their way.

15 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

They said they only have a limited number on hand, we're not sure if they're going to print more. I would think they would based on their recent releases but who knows.

They could press more, but if someone really wants one I wouldn't risk it.  I mean like at even the regular version of the Fountain sold earlier this month.  When it sold out, it sold out.  Not everything gets moved to preorder after sell outs.

46 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

What? I don't understand at all why it is ok for you to sell yours for more than they cost (which you admit above) and not ok for me?

Your extra money went to cover gas and ticket, my extra money went to cover a plane ticket....

We both sold copies to people that were grateful as they couldn't go otherwise.

We both got compensation to help pay our costs.

But yours is ok because it went to someone in this group and not someone on discogs?

Or just double standards?

(and sorry I wont tag the end of my post with a message hoping you get raped...)

ps. not sure why you edited my posts.  multiple people on this site have posted I have helped them.  I have posted photos of my collection. Oh wait, that doesn't fit your narrative.

Making a few bucks on an LP is not the same as selling multiple LPs for $150 each. 

Just now, jhulud said:

It's been a long-ass while since I've ordered from Mondo. When the Fight Club 2xLP goes up...will it be on the main page featured (as the sold out Dragon & Clockwork prints are right now) or at the top of the  Music page?

Front page AND in alphabetical order in music. 

15 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Making a few bucks on an LP is not the same as selling multiple LPs for $150 each. 

So what's the limit on the amount?  $5 ok? $20? $50?

Didn't realize there was a certain number that made it ok.  

But anyways can we just drop it already?  

People flip (including me) and you don't like it...we get it....

NOW FIGHT CLUB & GREMLINS!