Madison is cool I've been there twice both times to the Majestic which was a pretty cool venue.  I thought i was going to be a lot bigger than it actually is but I liked it.  I don't make it Madison usually just because its a 2 hour drive, but I was considering going to the Dan Harmon podcast at the end of the month but hadn't really made a decision on that that one since it's also hitting Chicago.

Metro, Bottom Lounge, Subt, beat kitchen, lincoln hall, and double door are all cool in my books.

Reggies is ehh.

Oh and riviera is good too.

I want to go to a show in madison and hang out in the town the day off since I have only ever driven through madison. I go to a lot of shows in milwaukee. My favorite is miramar theatre followed by the three pabst venues (pabst, turner, riverside) and the worst is the rave.

Yeah that is in my town. We have talked about that venue before. Just saw every time i die and the chariot a couple weeks ago. That show ruled. Free parking and cheap drinks (bar prices versus venue prices). If you live in the city it is feet from the palatine metra stop. From Ogilvie you'll be there in 50 mins and the train runs late enough to take it back. I know it is backward logic for a city person to come out to the suburbs for a show, but it is not a hassle.

I think we talked before about both being in Palatine. Nellies kind of just started having bigger bands there. Before it was brofest college cover bands. Place is OK. The Fuel Room in Libertyville is OK too.

Oh and riviera is good too.

I want to go to a show in madison and hang out in the town the day off since I have only ever driven through madison. I go to a lot of shows in milwaukee. My favorite is miramar theatre followed by the three pabst venues (pabst, turner, riverside) and the worst is the rave.

Never been to the Miramar, always been interested to go but nothing really has ever peaked my interest to get me to go there.  I've been to Shank Hall which was an interesting venue, but cool.  The rave does suck a lot, but sometimes its where you got to go if you want to go.  I don't really like Riverside all that much but I definitely vouch for Turner and Pabst.  Madison is a pretty cool city, definitely has a college town kind of vibe to it.  

I've been to the Riviera once for Coheed and Cambria, took the trains in for that one was kind of a hassle and had to leave early from the show to catch the train back home but ended up missing it and had to wait around at union until like Midnight for the next train which was a bummer.  But the venue its self seemed huge from what i remember big standing room only section and lots of seating above in the balcony if I'm remembering the place correctly.  I liked that place too minus the travelling to get there.

I can't stand bottom lounge. That air vent above rattles like crazy, and even with a packed house, the brick walls bounce the sound. Not my cup of beer.

On the bright side of things, the Lincoln Hall and SubT are my jams. And practically any basements.

Wish I would have known about that Chibola fair too. That sounds awesome and super close to home. We need more vinyl presence on the south side.

We live super close to the Empty Bottle, SubT, and Double Door as well as Quencher's on Western. I feel like we live at the Bottle sometimes - we're doing a 1 year anniversary show for Notes and Bolts over there on the 20th along with a sibling show several nights before on the 17th over at The Burlington. It seems like mainly mid to large venues are being covered in this thread, but tons of great music can be found every night of the week at those two places I mentioned as well as places like The Owl, The Whistler, Animal Kingdom, etc. We're seeing Blasted Diplomats, and Fake Limbs tonight at the Bottle - free with rsvp - come and enjoy some good, solid noise rock jams!

So I'm sure if anyone uses DO312 to look for shows but you should.

Woke up this morning to an email I won tickets to Candlebox at the Cubby Bear including a meet and Greet with the band.

I used to win all the time, but I think it got too big because now I hardly ever win.

turnstiles, on 15 Jan 2013 - 12:57, said:

Brendan Kelly and the Wandering Birds are playing a show at Beat Kitchen February 15th and I think it'd be an awesome show for everyone to meet up at! Masked Intruder are opening. 

If no one supports this particular idea, Tim Kasher is playing Schuba's in March, we could do that? Gives us a little more time to brace ourselves for meeting internet personas. 

Let me know!

--------------------------------------

I'd be up for the BK show, but I'm going to be out of town that weekend.

Just ran into this show Creed Bratton for The Office/Grassroots fame at City Winery. Kinda Pricey since you have to buy a $75 membership to buy tickets.

Sort of related, I'm going to a stand-up show that Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson on Parks and Rec) is doing on Feb 8th at Royal Oak.

It's one of my favorite venues for concerts, so I'm pretty excited to see how this goes. Plus I think this is his first comedy tour, so ditto for that.

Just ran into this show Creed Bratton for The Office/Grassroots fame at City Winery. Kinda Pricey since you have to buy a $75 membership to buy tickets.

City Winery books the weirdest freaking acts. Sooooo many nostalgia bookings.

Would've liked to see Underoath, but it sold out way fast.

Looking through today's Reader, Low and Cold War Kids both added spring dates in town.