City Winery books the weirdest freaking acts. Sooooo many nostalgia bookings.

Would've liked to see Underoath, but it sold out way fast.

Looking through today's Reader, Low and Cold War Kids both added spring dates in town.

yeah, pumped about cold war kids. i like the new song. if you haven't yet, subscribe to "early warnings" on chicago reader. 

Just ran into this show Creed Bratton for The Office/Grassroots fame at City Winery. Kinda Pricey since you have to buy a $75 membership to buy tickets.

I'm not familiar with this specific show, but as far as I know, you don't HAVE to buy a membership to go to a show. I saw Wyclef there last month, and I just purchased a general admission ticket directly off the website.

City Winery is a cool venue. The concert room is pretty sweet. The VIP / floor seating is all tables, for dinner, and the General Admission section is at the back, on a raised level, with a wine bar. 

I'm not familiar with this specific show, but as far as I know, you don't HAVE to buy a membership to go to a show. I saw Wyclef there last month, and I just purchased a general admission ticket directly off the website.

City Winery is a cool venue. The concert room is pretty sweet. The VIP / floor seating is all tables, for dinner, and the General Admission section is at the back, on a raised level, with a wine bar. 

If you read the site it states that some shows require a membership.

Edit: It was must be for a limited time members can only buy tickets because they are available now and weren't yesterday without membership.

I'm also interested in the Cold War Kids show. Tickets are on sale tomorrow.

If you read the site it states that some shows require a membership.

Edit: It was must be for a limited time members can only buy tickets because they are available now and weren't yesterday without membership.

Ok, the membership part of the site says members get 48-hour advance notice to buy tickets before the public.

anyone going to underoath on sunday? i'm dragging my girlfriend who hates loud music. i'm mostly going for the 7" and for nostalgia. also because i have VIP so i don't have to worry about rowdy kids.

Not going, but have fun; should be a really good show.

I just bought tickets for the wonder years show in Elmhusrt. I've never been to the venue before, any info?

I also just found out Kevin Smoth is going to be at C2E2 this year and bought a ga ticket for his 'an evening with' he's doing.

Not going, but have fun; should be a really good show.

I just bought tickets for the wonder years show in Elmhusrt. I've never been to the venue before, any info?

I also just found out Kevin Smoth is going to be at C2E2 this year and bought a ga ticket for his 'an evening with' he's doing.

The Elmhurst venue is a bar. They have a stage that is like a foot off the ground in a back room. Oh and they have bowling and pool.

Currently, yes. But there are several Detroit people who have already posted in this thread, and nothing stopping any of you from starting a separate VC D-Riot thread.

Except that everyone did this there would be a Seattle thread, and a So Cal thread, and a New York thread, and an Austin thread.

Then someone will make a post about the ridiculous number of local threads on the board with proposals for mods and a poll, but nothing will ever happen.

Think the best thing to do is to be civil neighbors. Not saying change the title to Chicago and Detroit VC but maybe not so quick to point to the door if someone ask's a question like Smash's.

You let that question be answered, and the thread will naturally revert back to brand new. You don't have to start with the "take it somewhere else" crap.

There isn't a conspiracy of Detroiters to take over the Chicago thread. We just like reading what's going on with our neighbors and sometimes that is gonna inspire us to post something. No big deal.

Half ribbing. ;)

I personally can't relate to the Detroit stuff since I don't go there. In truth, half the talk in this thread has dealt with the suburbs and not the city, so there's that.

To play devil's advocate to the neighbor thing (which is welcome, so I have no actual bias), would that then mean that folks from Madison, Milwaukee, etc, could also post stuff?

I don't know. freedom of speech. You guys have it good, though. I feel like I could easily see 100 shows a year in Chicago (will probably see under 5 here).

I do have one thing to contribute -- Reggie's literally has the best French fries I've ever eaten in my life. Drove for the Ben weasel "my brain hurts" show a couple years ago. I would airmail them to Detroit if I could.

Anybody else in Chicagoland a big Saved by the Bell fan? There's a bar down in River North doing SBtB trivia next Monday night. It's a $5 buyin, and the winning team wins all the entry fees. They did it back in the fall, and I came pretty close to winning (payout was $300 something). If anybody else is pretty up on their SBtB knowledge, I wouldn't mind a partner or two to potentially split the winnings with.

Anybody else in Chicagoland a big Saved by the Bell fan? There's a bar down in River North doing SBtB trivia next Monday night. It's a $5 buyin, and the winning team wins all the entry fees. They did it back in the fall, and I came pretty close to winning (payout was $300 something). If anybody else is pretty up on their SBtB knowledge, I wouldn't mind a partner or two to potentially split the winnings with.

When they go to Hawaii is the same plot as the movie the descendants

brittany knows saved by the bell real well, but i have class on monday nights. bummer.