Post your own mockups for fun!

Pretty much this. I'm not here to piss on anyone's parade, but I feel like 90% of the mockups posted are pure teen-flashbacks. Back when my tastes were as generic as they were limited. I know that sounds condescending, but it's the truth -- there's a good reason a number of these haven't been pressed.

That being said, most (if not all) look great. So keep up the good work, guys. I'd just like to see more releases that fall outside of the "oh, I'd buy that because I loved that album as a freshman" threshold.

It surprises me that people have fond enough memories of high school to still enjoy that stuff. I remember stuff like Fall Out Boy (insert whatever MTV emo band) was mockable back then and I would hope it would be worse now that the emo craze has died down a little.

If you still like stuff like that because you find it musically appealing, then may god have mercy on your soul.

whatchu-talkin_-_bout-gary-coleman_s-col

I'm glad someone finally did this. This record DESERVES the vinyl treatment. But, this splatter design does not work. The album's artwork is minimalist, at best. Like thefavoriteplay said, this needs to be pressed on solid colors like white, black, and baby blue. Seriously, someone get this done.

There's some awesome looking stuff in here, guys. I finished one of my mockup s, but all these kick the shit out of it, and I'm gonna do a few more when homework stops being a bitch.

As far as the "stuff I liked in highschool" discussion, there's a lot of stuff I liked back then that I can't stand now, and there's a lot of stuff I hated back then, and like now. But some of the stuff I loved back then, I still listen to it on a consists t basis, and think its great music. That being said, my freshman year was only six years ago, so. :P

It surprises me that people have fond enough memories of high school to still enjoy that stuff. I remember stuff like Fall Out Boy (insert whatever MTV emo band) was mockable back then and I would hope it would be worse now that the emo craze has died down a little.

If you still like stuff like that because you find it musically appealing, then may god have mercy on your soul.

I call it "middle school dance syndrome" where you hear a song you haven't heard in years and it makes you feel nostalgic so it's better than you remember it. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. You hear a song that transports you to a simpler time because as we age our lives inevitably get more complicated.