Post your own mockups for fun!

Here's an actual physical mockup I did of Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm": http://imgur.com/a/juPvU

Did you print on cardstick and then just print labels as well?

I'd consider trying this but I'm not sure how I'd go about doing the jacket. Might take an old jacket and wrap it in new paper. Printing directly on thick cardstock is expensive.

i get the quote, maybe the other guy didnt, but ill keep my mouth shut and ponder about what kind of a world im going to live in once you fools vote in someone like trump

You're the only one not laughing, no one was criticizing skippy's ability to make an image of a fake LP.  Derek just noticed where he copped the image from (which, if you scope this thread that is a very common and suggested method in creating your mock ups if you can find another LP that looks like what you're looking for) and made a joke.

Cheers man, make your own mock ups all from copped images, it's cool.

Wow, that devolved quickly.  What's this guy's deal?  Did he wake up on the right side of the bed or something?  Class-act applying a blanket political statement out of the fucking blue, though.  That always goes over well.

and its a mock up mate, where do you think 90% of people get there images from?

I'd wager to say that ~90% of the mockups posted in this thread are manipulated or created with some photo-editing software, actually.  And if not 90%, then at least far more than pulled from other photos and variants on the internet.  Just my opinion though.

• 1 month later...

I did a ton today of albums people had requested in the past, but these are the ones I like the best.

2weiddk.png

Hands Like Houses - Ground Dweller

289gb5z.png

The Amity Affliction - High Hopes

29l0b4n.png

The Amity Affliction - Glory Days

5dqgzs.png

Thy Art Is Murder - The Adversary

21srxu.png

Beartooth - Sick 

2cs9ut1.png

And finally, Northlane - Hollow Existance

• 1 year later...

I wish I could contribute to this board more since I'm mocking up release ideas for SlyVinyl all the time, but usually those are "confidential" and often they are used just to act as a reference for the press plant when ordering a pressing. 
 HOWEVER! I thought I could show some Expectation vs. Reality type posts and show you how some mock ups have resulted in actual products...
I will say, the actual records have so far ALWAYS come out looking cooler than any mock up I could manage... 

SVR07 - Arms and Sleepers - Miami EP
[Mock Up - Left | Product - Right]
NCoXWDO.png

SVR08 - A Cosmic Gift - Hologram
[Mock Up - Left | Product - Right]
ja6UYcZ.png

Edited by EHughes527