Amazon Prime - NOW IN CANADA

daegor

Are there advantages besides the free shipping? Majority of my Amazon orders are free shipping anyway so $79/year seems like not a great deal for me.

If it's anything like Prime in the USA it's free 2 day shipping without the $25 minimum order for free standard shipping without prime and you get up to 4 accounts linked to one prime membership so if you split it with 3 buddies it comes out to $20 a person per year. Plus if you need something overnighted it's only $4. USA Prime also gets Prime streaming video which is like netflix but so far that is NOT available to you guys up north yet.

Question:  Regarding having "4 accounts linked" you mean four separate logins?

Within one account, you can have as many addresses as you want, yes?  I fully intend on getting a bunch of people in on a membership and just buying stuff on behalf of them and shipping to them.

4 seperate logins, the main Prime account holder adds them to the account and they get an email to confirm and then they get the free 2 day shipping, the added accounts do NOT get the streaming video but i've had my Prime account for a year and never once used it anyways, not that it matters to you since the streaming service isnt available in Canda yet.

• 5 months later...

4 seperate logins, the main Prime account holder adds them to the account and they get an email to confirm and then they get the free 2 day shipping, the added accounts do NOT get the streaming video but i've had my Prime account for a year and never once used it anyways, not that it matters to you since the streaming service isnt available in Canda yet.

I've used the Prime streaming tons, love it. Has an app on all the TV set boxes, too, so I use it as a compliment to Netflix.

Not sure if it applies to anyone, but (at least in the US) if you're a student you can get 6 months of prime free with a .edu email address, and then at half price after that.

Haven't used my .edu email in years but love still getting prime at half off.  $40/yr is well worth it for me

• 3 years later...