Attn: My Hardcore Brethren

i actually just read some old interview on that wisdom of chains band. what a bunch of chodes. talking about real hardcore and how they aren't the kinda band that is on the radio. they sounded like some 15 year old kids who just got into the whole hardcore scene thing and are talking like it's something new and profound. completely insulting most people's intelligence (unless you're 15). talking about how their songs are about unity and crap like that. then i listened to the link and they sounded exactly like how i thought they would sound. they had the lyrical prowess of THE OFFSPRING (cheezzzy) and the music sounded like it was all running through a crate guitar amp with scooped mids. ooof.

i actually just read some old interview on that wisdom of chains band. what a bunch of chodes. talking about real hardcore and how they aren't the kinda band that is on the radio. they sounded like some 15 year old kids who just got into the whole hardcore scene thing and are talking like it's something new and profound. completely insulting most people's intelligence (unless you're 15). talking about how their songs are about unity and crap like that. then i listened to the link and they sounded exactly like how i thought they would sound. they had the lyrical prowess of THE OFFSPRING (cheezzzy) and the music sounded like it was all running through a crate guitar amp with scooped mids. ooof.

Interesting. I guess I'm 15.

Out of curiosity what song/songs led you to that conclusion?

I agree, but most of my favorite bands are long gone so I need something to get my hardcore fix.  Can only see Terror so many times.

I like the Human Animal jams, thanks for posting that. 

I know how you feel, when Terror headlines...I go to see the openers and then ditch out before Terror gets on :P

Since I am at work I'll just list some bands.

New:

Boston Strangler

Green Beret

Shipwrecked

MFP

Product of Waste

Prisoner Abuse

Rival Mob

Old:

Career Suicide

Fucked Up(those early singles are great)

86 Mentality 

Deadstop

Think I Care

Tear it Up

Bones Brigade

Cut the Shit

Older:

All early Dischord stuff

All early TAANG stuff

All X-Claim Releases

All early Touch and Go stuff

Etc. Etc.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There is really to much stuff to list.

Ronniegwilliams- I was never a big AN/GUTG fan. I was around when they started out(saw them open for Ten Yard Fight) and always though they were over-rated. They also had the worst fanbase ever. Alot of kids who dyed there hair black and became "gods" of the scene. It was really lame.

The best thing about that record is how nuts some of the Ebay prices were. There are 2200 of those, no special variants or anything. If people did research and were patient they would have got a copy at cost. Instead everyone went apeshit and jacked up the Ebay price when it was readily available from a distro for $10 at the same time.

I really like some thrash/hardcore, and hate a lot of it, but again, its because it all sounds the same to me.  I do love bones brigade, cut the shit, think i care, tear it up, career suicide, shark attack, those bands were a lot of fun.  I LOVE from ashes rise "Nightmares" record. 

the whole AN/GUTG era in the early 2000's was so weird.  I love that band a lot, but the crowds/kids that were into them were so diverse... it wasnt like other bands at that time who were "big" that brought out specific groups of kids to shows, they sort of bridged the gap between everyone. 

in the 90's I didnt care about the touring bands on shows that came to erie, I went to see the local bands, digression, neverfall, abnigation, disciple, brothers keeper, ect and really dont remember much about seeing bands like overcast, one king down, snapcase, buried alive, ect ect ect.  I was at those shows, but they're all just blurs to me, and sadly, are all bands I really dont listen too all that much anymore :( 

the handful of hardcore bands I still listen too are

Verse

Bane

Comeback Kid

Righteous Jams

GUTG/AN

From Ashes Rise

Go It Alone

the whole AN/GUTG era in the early 2000's was so weird.  I love that band a lot, but the crowds/kids that were into them were so diverse... it wasnt like other bands at that time who were "big" that brought out specific groups of kids to shows, they sort of bridged the gap between everyone. 

Really? I felt it did the opposite here. Its nothing against the dudes in the band but I always felt of majority of there fanbase were new to the scene young kids who thought they knew everything.

I was lucky enough to roadie the first Bones Brigade tour. It was great. Can you guys name the Bones Brigade, Cut the Shit, Boston Strangler connection? 

Cut the Shits record Harmed and Dangerous is the most under-rated thing to come out of the scene in the early 2000's.

Really? I felt it did the opposite here. Its nothing against the dudes in the band but I always felt of majority of there fanbase were new to the scene young kids who thought they knew everything.

I was lucky enough to roadie the first Bones Brigade tour. It was great. Can you guys name the Bones Brigade, Cut the Shit, Boston Strangler connection? 

Cut the Shits record Harmed and Dangerous is the most under-rated thing to come out of the scene in the early 2000's.

they share a member, dont they?  the singer?

they share a member, dont they?  the singer?

Yeah. Andrew sang on the first Bones Brigade ep and Lp while singing in Cut The Shit at the same time. He now plays bass in Boston Strangler. He also sings for Confines and plays bass in Failures. You should check them out all 5 bands kind of have a different sound.

I also have about 300 copies of the first Bones Brigade ep without covers in my closet. I paid to have it repressed for the European tour in 05 and fronted then some of the press with the promise that they will give me some money to help pay for the rest of the covers. The money never came so the covers were never printed. I have been thinking about whipping up some cheap covers and selling these for super cheap just to get rid of them. Do you guys think there would be an interest in these?

These bands are sick. Power Trip has a nasty sound, I didn't even understand what the fuck I was hearing the first time I heard them. I just got the Rude Awakening 7" in a few days ago. Good picks.

Yeah. Andrew sang on the first Bones Brigade ep and Lp while singing in Cut The Shit at the same time. He now plays bass in Boston Strangler. He also sings for Confines and plays bass in Failures. You should check them out all 5 bands kind of have a different sound.

I also have about 300 copies of the first Bones Brigade ep without covers in my closet. I paid to have it repressed for the European tour in 05 and fronted then some of the press with the promise that they will give me some money to help pay for the rest of the covers. The money never came so the covers were never printed. I have been thinking about whipping up some cheap covers and selling these for super cheap just to get rid of them. Do you guys think there would be an interest in these?

i win!  my wife's "friend" used to "date" one of the BB guys, cant remember who, her name was ashley though, dont know if that rings any bells....  my band played a couple shows with BB in Indianapolis and St louis the summer of 05 I think.  in a bowling alley in indianapolis and then a basement in st louis with..... cross examination maybe?  had the best review on lambgoat from one of the dates on that tour...

sloppiest most basic kindergarden crap with the worst guitar tones I've heard ever used by a 'professional'? band.

i win!  my wife's "friend" used to "date" one of the BB guys, cant remember who, her name was ashley though, dont know if that rings any bells....  my band played a couple shows with BB in Indianapolis and St louis the summer of 05 I think.  in a bowling alley in indianapolis and then a basement in st louis with..... cross examination maybe?  had the best review on lambgoat from one of the dates on that tour...

Ha, My brother was probably the roadie on those tours. The only time I have been in St.Louis was on the tour I did in 03. We played at an indoor skate park. I think Rob from Cardiac Arrest set it all up.

I just bought a 9 Shocks record off of a dude that posts here, it arrived yesterday. I have seen them twice and both times was awesome. Charles Bronson was awesome too. I really wish I could have seen them. The guitar player of Dropdead owns the best record store ever called Armageddon. There are two locations, one in Providence RI and one in Boston. If any of you guys are around here you should def check them out. They carry alot of stuff that most of the people who post on this board wouldn't care about haha.