Attn: My Hardcore Brethren

Wally from Rotting Out got arrested for drug trafficking. I say that loosely since he didn't get caught with anything hard - just weed and hash oil. I was wondering why I haven't seen him post on Instagram lately. From my interactions I had with him at This Is Hardcore every year the dude has been a stand up guy (everyone has their vice) and it is disappointing to see him go down like this. Hopefully his sentence isn't too bad, but this is the type of thing that can ruin your life. Here is the link:

http://lambgoat.com/news/comments.aspx?id=26376

A lot of those comments are fucking awful. Keyboard warriors make me sick.

That aside - is that FSU thing actually confirmed? I almost forgot about them. Either they aren't what they used to be on the east coast or Joe Hardcore does a damn good job keeping them out of Philly. The last time I heard anything about them Shattered Realm were still a band and the "gang" was linked to that Club Deep homicide in Asbury Park. Almost a decade later you only hear echoes of them and the skinhead problem is almost non-existent.

Been to shows here and seen a few FSU dudes along with some other crew I can't honestly remember their abbreviation but it doesn't really matter crews aren't my thing.

Saw Rude Awakening at our local venue and this FSU guy pulled one of those slap to the back of your head maneuvers on some young kid wearing a beanie and swiped his beanie and just threw it on the ground for no real particular reason. That's pretty minor compared to what kind of stuff used to happen in Mass years ago but it was still enough to go why did you even need to do that shit?

Wally from Rotting Out got arrested for drug trafficking. I say that loosely since he didn't get caught with anything hard - just weed and hash oil. I was wondering why I haven't seen him post on Instagram lately. From my interactions I had with him at This Is Hardcore every year the dude has been a stand up guy (everyone has their vice) and it is disappointing to see him go down like this. Hopefully his sentence isn't too bad, but this is the type of thing that can ruin your life. Here is the link:

http://lambgoat.com/news/comments.aspx?id=26376

A lot of those comments are fucking awful. Keyboard warriors make me sick.

That aside - is that FSU thing actually confirmed? I almost forgot about them. Either they aren't what they used to be on the east coast or Joe Hardcore does a damn good job keeping them out of Philly. The last time I heard anything about them Shattered Realm were still a band and the "gang" was linked to that Club Deep homicide in Asbury Park. Almost a decade later you only hear echoes of them and the skinhead problem is almost non-existent. 

Lambgoat comments are always HORRIBLE. I really don't understand those people. But this story is interesting/unfortunate.  Wally seemed like a good dude, sucks he got involved with something stupid like that.

As far as the FSU thing, I think he was wearing an FSU shirt during Rotting Out's last show.  Not really sure if that means anything, but I also don't think FSU is anything but a mirage of what they used to be. So who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

For fans of 90s HC like Trial and Harvest.  Greg from Trial is on one of the tracks too.

Formed in 2009, Michigan’s Great Reversals has steadily built an impressive discography. Releasing a host of EPs and splits, the band has consistently churned out powerful hardcore centered around deeply personal, often philosophical lyrics infused with the idealism that has always been at the heart of the DIY scene.

Now the band is poised to unleash their debut LP Mere Mortals in collaboration with State of Mind RecordingsBitter Melody Records, and Hydrogen Man Records. Spanning 11 songs in total, “Mere Mortals” channels 90’s heavyweights like Trial, Integrity and Harvest, while infusing occasional moments of post-rock flair. Lyrically, the record is a reflection on the often desperate and heart-breaking state of the human condition, as seen through the lenses of friends, family, and acquaintances.  Recorded and mixed by Andy Nelson, and mastered by Brad Boatright, the weight of the record’s subject matter is surpassed only by its crushing production, resulting in a jarring and colossal listen.

Preorders are officially up.  We have an exclusive shirt and some bundles that are pretty cheap.

3 colors of vinyl:

purple

yellow 

black

Also!  For other heavy stuff you can use coupon code - RSD2016 for 25% off everything at Bitter Melody Records (excludes the Great Reversals preorders) but you'll get it off anything else you buy with it

ALL RSD WEEKEND - STARTING NOW

bittermelodyrecords.limitedrun.com

Tons of distro from Deathwish, State of Mind, A389, and ton of others

Spend 60 dollars and I'll throw in a free Bitter Melody Records t-shirt - just include your size in the paypal notes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, jhook said:

I have the original press and an original Lower East Side 7"

:: nuts flexed::

I am jealous,  but that still doesn't help haha.

I grabbed the reissue, but was wondering how it sounded. 

Question for you... How do you feel about the re-recorded version of LES that Victory released?

Also do you think the demos for S/T redeem that pile of poo?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On November 15, 2016 at 8:07 PM, jhulud said:

Any NYC VCers going to that Most Precious Blood 'Nothing In Vain' show at St. Vitus on 11/25?  

I forgot all about this.....shiiiiiit.   Need to see if I can convince the lady.

On an unrelated note, maybe someone can explain this to me since I'm not in the know....how come it's been nearly 2 years since the release of When People Grow, People Go, yet Blacklisted has done a US tour nor even played a Philly show?