WTB/TF: True Widow - S/T 2xLP

mcpherson123

Thanks, man. I'm definitely digging them. They tend to drone on a bit but I have been listening to them from S/T to I.N.O and am now at least halfway through As High As The Highest Heaven... in one sitting. So maybe I did it to myself lol. Definitely a nice chill sound to mellowly rock out to. Its refreshingly organic and band driven. The S/T looks like a beast of a vinyl artifact from the pictures I've seen. Thanks for the encouragement.

For what it's worth, I bought my copy at retail price, and it still wasn't cheap.  I think I was looking at just under $40, shipped.  But I believe they're /500, if my memory serves me correct.  And I know they're 180 gram, if that makes any difference.  But above all else, the packaging is top-notch like you suspect.  Definitely worth it, in my books.  I'll try to keep my eyes open for you.

And while I've personally never felt as if their albums drone on, I can see how tackling their discography in one sitting could have that effect.  I really can't pick a favorite record of theirs, but I'm always impressed when I choose to revisit them.  Do you have As High... or I.N.O. on vinyl?

I have none of them on vinyl but have places where I know I can grab them (except S/T, obviously) for pretty cheap if I choose to. I was really just testing them out yesterday after I saw Relapse announced signing them. I had seen their name before but just never looked into them. Perhaps Relapse will repress S/T ala Baroness' Red. That would be a dream come true as long as they do it right.

As far as the "drone on" comment. They definitely have a slower groove, for the most part, than most of the stuff I'm into and its pretty consistent across the whole of each album. Its not necessarily a negative criticism, just an observation. I don't have anything against it but being as they were nearly completely unfamiliar to me, listening through each album in full in one sitting made the music as a whole feel a little "slow." Like a movie that takes a little too long to climax or something. Again, I tend to like movies like that so I'm not being negative about it. The melodic aesthetic really suits the sludgy guitar tuning/tone in a unique way that I've not heard much from any other artists. At least not in this particular way.